Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: X-CROZ is done!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2006, 12:07 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default X-CROZ is done!!!

ok, so i decided to re-build my 2.2 truck, to make it comp leagal (it was originally 14" W/B...) so after doing some research on a possible 1:1 project, i came across the "James Link" set-up on Rousch Racing's website, and thought i might give it a try on my 2.2 truck. i was rather impressed with the results. as you can see from the first pic, i crossed my links in an X. i did this by using the stock TLT upper link mounting cross member on my BOTTOM links. the next pic down is how much flex i can get out of this set-up.

after doing this, i still wasn't happy with this rebuild. so after reading up on badger and unimoger's mods to their steering, it was time for me to bust out the dremel tool and grind away to get max steering. after doing this, i was able to actually turn my radios EPA up to 120, AND STILL NOT RUN INTO ANY INERFERENCE ISSUES!!! (thanks badge, and moger...)

to keep a low lean theme with the build, i decided to use revo shocks, especially after seeing all the good results everyone that has used them are having. i use dynamite yellow springs (12.2 spring rate i believe...) with 30 wt losi oil in the rear, and 25 wt. losi oil in the front. and as you can see in the pics, they are layed down fairly low.

and finally, after a major re-build like this, i couldn't use the same old body. so in keeping with the low lean look, i opted for a proline T4 crowd pleazer body. i think it's lines look good on a build like this, plus you don't have to trim a lot of extra off of it to get the clearance needed.

i painted it with tamiya mica red, with tamiya black flames, accomplished by XXX-main flame masks.

so here are the final specs on it:
12.25" C/C axle W.B.
2.96" belly clearance.
SW2 chassis
'pede gearbox w/ maxx sliders to the axles
integy 45 turn motor
novak rooster speedo
hitec 645mg servo
futaba 3PM radio
orion super duty batteries
for now, un-modded HPI wheels, with proline masher 2k's (with un-modded
foams, good for general bashing and still pretty capable for crawling.)

well, here are the pics, thanks for reading all this...
keith
Attached Images

Last edited by STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER; 05-23-2006 at 07:06 AM.
STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2006, 12:08 AM   #2
RCC Addict

and here is the rest of the pics....
Attached Images

Old 05-23-2006, 01:37 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

aaaaggghhhhhh i wanna build a TLT soooo bad now! there are sooo many sweet TLTs on this site!!
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 02:39 AM   #4
RCC Addict

Nice setup man!
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

looks sweet! and I thought I was the only one to triangulate the lower links like that on an SW2.
Crawlsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 01:54 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawlsalot
looks sweet! and I thought I was the only one to triangulate the lower links like that on an SW2.
Nope your not I have lowers similar to that also, I don't use that TLT part because it is to weak, but my lowers are triangulated also.
NEMYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 06:52 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMYSIS
Nope your not I have lowers similar to that also, I don't use that TLT part because it is to weak, but my lowers are triangulated also.
how did you triangulate your lower links then if you didn't use the stock member?
Old 05-23-2006, 10:29 PM   #8
Im Brandon

You will have more stability is you use longer shocks and stand them up, at least do it in the rear, you will see a huge difference.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 04:07 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nluvwithxlr8ing
You will have more stability is you use longer shocks and stand them up, at least do it in the rear, you will see a huge difference.
thanks, i was thinking about doing that with the revo shocks i have on it right now, if i don't get any signifcant rear ride height issues.

i haven't noticed any kind of significant torque twist yet, but i have dynamite pink (think they could of use any GAYER of a color??? ) revo springs ready to go, especialy when i go brushless with this thing!!