Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My new brushless TLT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2006, 04:22 AM   #1
Nope..

Default My new brushless TLT

I started out with this TLT I built.

Basic TLT: XRS speedo, 55 t lathe, moabs, pede wheels, tmaxx links shaved and modded TLT chassis and a pede tranny. The only thing really "wrong" with it was it's WB was 13.5". I liked it for some things, but it was like driving a school bus. And, I was getting SPANKED by my girlfriend (and not in the good way) with this.

I struck up a deal with TXT666 and now I have another TLT coming my way, so I figured why not make a sweet looking scale-ish truck? Then I broke my TC3 with the Novak Super Sport in it and then it hit me. How awesome would a fast BL TLT be? I'll tell you, FREAKIN SWEET! Here's the pics of it now.

This has to be the most fun truck I've ever had! I jumped up from a 12/87 gear to a 15/87 and I could still use a little more. I played with it for about 15 mins and actually broke the tranny output shaft and ripped the pin out of the MAXX yoke on the tranny. It's not a dedicated crawler but it still flexes about 5" and it'll yank the front wheels straight into the air. Tell me what you guys think.
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2006, 10:32 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

that is awesome
Bam Bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Rambuller, good looking truck! I like the color. Almost looks like rust, which is apropriate for an old Ford.... And thanx for the warning! I'm working on a trade to put a brushless in my TLT based truck. So I figure I should be prepared to replace busted parts ha? Seems kinda funny that you busted the tranny before the TLT axles though...
fullmodtxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #4
Nope..

Thanks guys. It's actually Copper backed with silver. Both by Tamiya. Yeah, I thought it was a little odd that the output shaft broke, but 'pede diffs are much easier to get off the shelf at hobbytown than order TLT axle parts. I was gonna work on it today, but it just started raining and I can't pull the g'parents trucks out of the garage.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

You should make one for your girlfriend, or one she can drive with you all the timE!!
TLTCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:17 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Ditch that Pede Tranny and get a Stealth. Much Stronger....
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #7
Nope..

Clodcrawling: That green TLT is my girlfriends crawler. Crawling and the touring cars are really the only R/C stuff she wants to do.

Run2jeepn: If the pede tranny comes out, a maxx or a Losi is going in. After looking at it for a while, I don't think it was really anything other than I drilled the hole too big for the maxx pin. This was the first truck I put together. So, with a wobbly pin in a now too thin shaft connected to BL probably was the evil combo.