Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Wheel Base Length/ Slider Length

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2006, 06:57 PM   #1

Default Wheel Base Length/ Slider Length

Hello All!
This is my first post on RCCrawler, so I am new here, but I am not new to RC. I have been thinking of getting a TLT for christmas, and want to build a custom chassis. I want to know what a good length is, and what I should use for the center driveshaft. (Revo, Pede, Maxx) I will also probably buy a Stealth tranny off of ebay and use that too.
green24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Its hard to say what the length ofyour chassis should be, its personal preference. Most buy the chassis from the vendors here since it is very hard to come up with a design that works. Most all the chassis here are amazing, but then the pick comes down to personal preferance. As for the driveshafts, a lot of people use maxx shafts as they are very strong and durable. If you use the sticky buttons at the top of the TLT section there are multiple links on how to fit the shafts onto the stealth tranny. Also, use the search for other options as there are multiple ways that it has been done.
srfrkyle1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:23 PM   #3

Oh, sorry, I wrote that wrong. I meant what is a good length for the wheelbase? Would thirteen inches be big enough? I don't want a scale rig, just a capable one.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

well I would not build it over 12.5" just incase you ever wish to compete with it.
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #5

Well, I won't compete, that's for sure. So I think 13"-13 1/2" would be good? Also, I couldn't find a link for a How-To on fitting Traxxas Yokes on the Stealth Diff. Can somebody post a link? Anyways, thanks for the help guys! You really know your stuff well.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:51 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by green24
Well, I won't compete, that's for sure. So I think 13"-13 1/2" would be good? Also, I couldn't find a link for a How-To on fitting Traxxas Yokes on the Stealth Diff. Can somebody post a link? Anyways, thanks for the help guys! You really know your stuff well.
Only because you are really new and seem ok... (I used the SEARCH feature using "traxxas on strealth")

go about half way down on this page and check out the great pics to help you.

Stealth tranny in modded TLT chassis...

About the wheelbase length: longer may cause hang-ups in the center as you come over rocks before your rear tires can grab. So, if you go longer, you probably have to get more center clearence. Only one way to find out, right?

You are on your own now Jedi warrior.

Last edited by 1tom2go; 11-27-2006 at 05:58 PM.
1tom2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #7

Yeah, I did a search after I posted that! Thanks anyways! About the sliders on the outdrives. Should I drill a holes through the outdrive itself? Or just use a screw and nut through the existing dogbone slot? I heard that the first option is stronger, but heard its somewhat hard to drill out?
Old 12-21-2006, 03:12 PM   #8
Gettin’ back on the horse

yeah its really hard to drill out what i did on my stealth was drillthe male end of a maxx shaft and slide it over the stealth output seems to wirk well then try to drill a hole through the out put to so it doesnt spin freely
TURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote