Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: I'm hooked.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2005, 09:16 PM   #1

Talking I'm hooked.

In the begining, there was T-Maxx. Then I sold it. Too freakin' expensive for the fuel. I got kids to feed, ya know. I can't get r/c outta my brain so i knew I had to do something. So I says to myself, "Self, why don't you go mini!" Perfect. Inexpensive to get into, maintain, and upgrade. But the plethera of small scale trucks on the market really didn't appeal to me in stock form. I wanted to crawl. So, after a little peckin' on the keys here I found all you guys. Armed to the teeth with the knowledge and information that a newbie(to electric, mini, and crawlin') like me needs in order to achieve his small dream of a small truck with big goals. The rocks down by the grain mill across town. I saw the tech thread of the mini giant crawler build-up and immediately made up my mind. Gonna order my truck monday along w/ fireball motor, bearings, oilys,two 7-cell hex packs, and charger for the pack. Any tips on the best/most economical charger for these packs would be greatly appreciated. Also considering jynx's crawler chassis and tuber frame. A preliminary thank you to the people who are frequenting these sites and making it work. Cause i'm gonna be buggin the crap outta you for the next few months while I do this thing. Wonderful site gentlemen! Keep up the great work.
nme159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2005, 10:00 PM   #2

welcome to the forum go to www.one18th.com too lot ofs info for the mini gaint and a new tech artical from me ( i am ddog over there )....... explains how to install the team orians? big block motor instead of the fireball ) if you dont mind a lil dremel work......

ok good luck with your order btw www.towerhobbies.com still has the venom mini giant.
DDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 01:31 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Welcome to RCCrawler! While this site is a really top notch crawling site, right now the venom is a little under-represented here. More information is available at one18th; however, I do invite you to stay, as many one18ther's are on this site as well. You might even get some more ideas and decide you want to go for a TLT... then a clod... and then, oops no food on the table again

Seriously though, it sounds like you've already done some searching, but just remember to try searching for your question several times (choose different subjects to search for) before posting. That way you don't get flamed for asking a question that was asked two weeks prior. We here at RCC are pretty sarcastic, and our humor can be caustic, but, no matter what the question, we'll try to answer it or direct you to where it can be answered.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:03 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDawg
welcome to the forum go to www.one18th.com too lot ofs info for the mini gaint and a new tech artical from me ( i am ddog over there )....... explains how to install the team orians? big block motor instead of the fireball ) if you dont mind a lil dremel work......

ok good luck with your order btw www.towerhobbies.com still has the venom mini giant.
Excuse me!! Don't try to pimp other forums on here.
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 02:41 PM   #5

Thx. Been there (1/18 ), thats what led me here. Ty for the welcomes guys. I do try to search my ?'s first but i'm pretty stupid so thx for puttin' up w/ n00bs like me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2005, 05:33 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by nme159
Thx. Been there (1/18 ), thats what led me here. Ty for the welcomes guys. I do try to search my ?'s first but i'm pretty stupid so thx for puttin' up w/ n00bs like me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats why we've got the newbie section, you can ask all the dumb questions (well, within reason) there ;)
SR5Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 04:34 PM   #7

What n00b section?
Old 02-01-2005, 04:35 PM   #8

jokin'
Old 02-02-2005, 11:43 AM   #9

sorry dave wont happen again.
DDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:47 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave