Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: K2-3l Shock mounting Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 07:01 AM   #1

Default K2-3l Shock mounting Help

I jsut bought a K2-3l Off ebay that was a roller really happy with except the shock mounting with the width of the chassis to accept the stampede tranny in a Low cg fashion Sitting flat on the center cross member. The frame is kinda wide and well im having trouble figuring out where to mount the shocks. Im using stock tlt shocks (i have emaxx shocks with ressy's on way) but i need to kno if any of ya have and suggestions on what i should do as far as mounting the shocks

Last edited by DirtyCrawler; 04-25-2007 at 07:04 AM.
DirtyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2007, 07:06 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

You need short shocks for that truck to work right. Tamiya touring car shocks if I remember right.
My KFC ( K2-3L ) Scale/Trail Rig

Last edited by Cole82; 04-25-2007 at 07:08 AM.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:02 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Thats not true... You can use stock TLT shocks and it will work just fine as well... You will just have a higher clearance in the centre.. Here are a couple pics for you with TLT and with touring car shocks...

BCCrawlerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:23 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCCrawlerZ View Post
Thats not true... You can use stock TLT shocks and it will work just fine as well... You will just have a higher clearance in the centre.. Here are a couple pics for you with TLT and with touring car shocks...
May be I'll make this a little clearer. For the truck to work the way it was designed you need touring shocks.
I never said it wouldn't work. It crawls like crap with big shocks and puts the links in a bind.
Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should be done.
Cole82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:56 AM   #5

Well thanks see thats the way i have my shocks at the moment. But i guess i need to che3ck the oil in them because they are binding prolly dont have any oil in them ill further investigate but i have some touring car shocks off of a XXX-s but i dunno how well they will work prolly give that a whirl aswell this afternoon and the closest thing i can find to a 60mm shock is a jato shock
Old 04-25-2007, 07:13 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

do yourself a favor. dont set it up with long shocks, dont **** around with all kinds of goofy shock setups, get the shocks its designed to use and you'll love it.
these:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGJ29&P=7

go here (http://reignrc.com/scale.html) and click to download the build document for that chassis. where you see this:
DOWNLOAD THE K2-3x BUILD DOCUMENT HERE

and dont take candy from strangers
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:41 AM   #7

Well last night i re did the link from where the previous owner had them mounted and you may call me had headed or ignorant for not putting a set of Touring car shocks under it but. i went and fabbed up some alumininum brackets that put the mounting point about a inch about the frame rail and im running a set of Maxx piggy backs and got the cg wayyy down it maybe sets a half of a inch higher then what its suppose to but it will work i cannot abandon the piggy backs i just bought for 30 bucks soo i will give it a whirl ima clean up the brackets and get it lookin clean and mount my battery and i will post some pics
Old 04-26-2007, 07:29 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post

and dont take candy from strangers
but beer is OK.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:51 AM   #9

I took beer from a stranger once now i have a kid a wife and about 100,000$ worth of debt somewhere i went wrong..........