Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TLT/Pede Q or 2...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2007, 10:32 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default TLT/Pede Q or 2...

In the next couplea days, I'm gonna be gettin' my hands on a CF XRC TLT with a 'Pede in it and I'm curious to know what my limitations for gears I can use on it are... IE: Smallest pinion and biggest spur gear...

I plan to run an 11.1V LiPo in the rig provided I can find an ESC that'll allow me to use that kinda voltage... Hopin' that one of the LHS's here'll have a TR2 still...

So, yea... That's what I wanna know... ANd if there's any other gears I can use on it other than Traxxas 'Pede gears...

TIA, everyone...
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The yoke that you run will make a difference as to what spur you can use.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 12:12 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Far as I know, it has MAXX sliders on it.. COuld be 'Pede, but I'm not 100% sure.. I'll know when I get it in my hands but I'm pretty sure it's got MAXX sliders on it...
Old 04-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #4
Picky Fab'r/Acetal Junky

I do know that if it has Revo shafts on it, unless they have done extensive trimming to the yoke, you can only fit up to a 84t spur.
Offroader5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #5
2006 2.2 National Champ

You should be able to run an 87t spur with the Maxx yokes without any mods. If you still want to go bigger take a Dremel to the yokes, and yoke's screws.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:20 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Ok... I got the truck today... It's got 'Pede yokes on it... So I picked up an 87t spur and a RR 13t pinion which I'm gonna put onto the Novak Crawler BL system I picked up today, no TR2's to be found anywhere locally, and power it with the NP 1500MaH 2/3 6 cell stick packs I got as well...

The truck's an awesome performer... I got it from one of the guys in my group, so, I know it well... It had the same kind of BL system in it before, but was run on 7 cells... I'm not lookin' for much speed, but, the Crawler BL should be more' enuff to do what I want to do with it...

Thanks for all yer suggestions and advice, guys... I'm sure I'll be askin'; more as I go along with this... This'll be the 1st TLT I've actually had on a crawl and for more than a few weeks...;)

I'll post some pics of it tomorrow after I get all the parts all in one piece, so to speak...

Last edited by DaViolentOne; 04-30-2007 at 12:23 AM.