Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New TLT, basic run of questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default New TLT, basic run of questions.

Ok, here is the deal. Looking to build a new TLT. I just finished building the axles which include - CVD's, hardened pinion and locker, Fat Rock Axle C's, and aluminum steering knuckles all courtesy of the fantastic RCP.
Seriously, if any of you haven't checked out the CVD's or lockers, do it now!

I'm looking for a build to compliment these axles, I know its going to be based around a Pede transmission. Putting power to the ground with a brushless power plant, but haven't decided what one. I've already got a Mamba Max, and will probably run a lipo battery. Hopefully one of you electronic wizards can guide me proper. I'm not worried about too much power either. If it its gonna blow something up, so be it.

The rubber will meet the road with Moabs mounted on 1beatjeep's Aluminum bead locks(Another fantastic product, I've beaten, abused, and thrashed them and they are STILL awesome).

So, I'm trying to decide on a tuber, or non tuber. I'm not a huge fan of torsion, but convince me otherwise. I'm a balls to the wall driver, throttle is my friend, and I'm not afraid to destroy anything to get where I'm pointing. (Ask some of the TSC about my High-Lift)

If any of you vendors take a look, sell me on your product, I've got 2 in mind that I've spent the most time thinking about, but doesn't mean I'm sold.

Thanks guys, help me build a winner.

If you wan't some pictures of the parts I've collected I'll get them. Its just a heap of stuff, or attached to other crawlers at the moment.
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2007, 07:37 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

One Word

crawlmaster

smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Pretty powerful? Not super familiar with brushless, I've got one in my TC4 and that thing goes nuclear with a 3cell lipo, but the 5700 lacks guts to crawl. Maybe that will offer the tranny smoking umph I need.
xjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinu_by_rc View Post
One Word

crawlmaster

X2
slowcrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote