Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: My Txt codename Twitchy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2005, 01:55 PM   #21
Nope..

What do you have to do to fit the Emaxx tranny in and mount it? Is it worth it? I think I'm gonna build another crawler this winter, and an emaxx tranny and Force axles with TXT plates are in mind. I just want to make sure it's actually worth the effort replacing the TXT tranny.
~Matt
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2005, 05:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambuller84
What do you have to do to fit the Emaxx tranny in and mount it? Is it worth it? I think I'm gonna build another crawler this winter, and an emaxx tranny and Force axles with TXT plates are in mind. I just want to make sure it's actually worth the effort replacing the TXT tranny.
~Matt
Well the reason why I changed the tranny to an emaxx is because of the shiftable tranny. At first I loved the option of shifting from a crawl speed to a more than descent enough wheel speed to drive around with. Then I noticed the slop on the tranny when starting from a standstill so I locked it on 1st gear to eliminate the slop. I still have the option of going back to my original txt tranny if I want to coz I still have it. In your case your building one from the ground up not modding an existing truck, you can chooseprety much any tranny you want. remember building the truck the way you like it, performance and by how much budget you have will determine its worthiness.
Arvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:47 PM   #23
Nope..

I have a TXT right now and was wanting to do a emaxx swap. I like the idea of changing gears also. Where exactly did the "slop" come from? Did you have it shiftable by hand or by servo?
Old 08-25-2005, 07:18 PM   #24

The carrier drive cog that transfers power from first to 2nd gear has long holes to make shifting a bit easier to engage. I was using a servo to shift the tranny, you can shift it manually but that defeats the purpose of shift on the fly.
Old 08-31-2005, 03:26 AM   #25
Nope..

So, this slop is in all the Emaxxs and Tmaxxs? I would think if it would stand up to a Tmaxx or a brushless Emaxx it wouldn't really be TOO big of a problem would it?
Old 08-31-2005, 06:29 PM   #26

when your crawling you dont want that kind of slop in the tranny, you want full throtle control. For example, if your on a ledge and you want to hold it there while steering you will either nudge forward or reverse causeing you to lose your hold or traction.because realeasing the throtle will give slack to the tranny.(does it make sense or am I just rambling?).