Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Bender!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Bender!!!!!!

Bender i think you need to give me a tech lesson please... i use savage shocks and ive made a custom shock tower ( not the greatest but it works for now, untill i roll over) but i have massive torque twist. if i turn one way the wheel will pop off the ground if i turn the other the truck barely moves and well i can obvisouly see the chassis twist . i hear the gd 600 might help with it? and do you have any other suggestions cause im all ears i just want to get this thing up and running like its suppose to be

thanks in advance and thanks for convincing me to use savage shocks and to get a txt because your txt is beautiful
crawlerready is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
2006 2.2 National Champ

Installing a GD-600 will help I'm sure. Shock placement and link set-up is key to fighting torque twist. Generally speaking, I prefer my upper links be flat or parallel to the ground. Run a hevy weight oil with as stiff a spring set-up as you can, while still maintaining full articulation.

Can you post some pics of your set-up, it's hard to give you tips without seeing the truck.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 07:10 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

i tryed using 100wt oil in the shocks and i think i can do somethign with the the links to get a little less torque twist ill try and post some pictures im not that greatest with uploading pics and matter of fact i dont know how too
Old 08-03-2005, 07:14 PM   #4
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlerready
i tryed using 100wt oil in the shocks and i think i can do somethign with the the links to get a little less torque twist ill try and post some pictures im not that greatest with uploading pics and matter of fact i dont know how too
www.imageshack.us can host pics for you, or you can e-mail them to me and I'll check them out.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:19 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

im warning you ahead of time the pics are really bad quality i need to get a digital camara of my own
Old 08-03-2005, 07:22 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Old 08-03-2005, 08:13 PM   #7
2006 2.2 National Champ

Your link set-up looks pretty good. What springs are you running?

I use 3 different springs on my rig, and I did limit the travel of the shocks by about 3/8".

I've had good luck with Trinity's progressive springs and the black HPI springs. The springs that came with my shocks were to soft.

Got a pic from the bottom or from the front?
Old 08-03-2005, 08:24 PM   #8
Colt Python/SR9c

can we get pics from teh back also? seems your shocks may be inverted in a little too much up on the chassis and are mounted more near the diff. but it's hard to tell from that pic.try to move you shock mounting out as far towards the tire as possible.then try and move your upper shock plate(mounting plate) back farther. that way your shocks are a little bit more of an up and down. the more you lean them,the less force it takes to compress them. resulting in very easy torque twist.

I run HPI black springs on mine and run 80 or 90wt. oil in them( forget which one,probably 90 though)
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:26 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

ill try and get a better camera soon sorry for the horrid pics =\
Old 08-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #10
Colt Python/SR9c

I'm not familiar with the TXT axles, but can you move the lower shock mounting out farther towards the tire?

I know if i mount my shocks near the diff, the axle just kind of flops around since it is not really using the shock
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

found a temperary fix by adding a stock txt spring under the hot bodies spring in the right rear its helping more but id rather it look better
Old 08-03-2005, 08:29 PM   #12
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
can we get pics from teh back also? seems your shocks may be inverted in a little too much up on the chassis and are mounted more near the diff. but it's hard to tell from that pic.try to move you shock mounting out as far towards the tire as possible.then try and move your upper shock plate(mounting plate) back farther. that way your shocks are a little bit more of an up and down. the more you lean them,the less force it takes to compress them. resulting in very easy torque twist.

I run HPI black springs on mine and run 80 or 90wt. oil in them( forget which one,probably 90 though)
I think you nailed it!! Looks like you need to move your shocks out towards the tires, as TC suggested. I can tell by how much you've pre-loaded your springs you will want stiffer ones.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:35 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

ok that was a bad joke but thanks for all the help and yea ill deffinetly look into the stiffer springs i just moved the mount up toa diff set of holes it was a kawinkidinky it fit

Last edited by crawlerready; 08-03-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER
Your link set-up looks pretty good. What springs are you running?

I use 3 different springs on my rig, and I did limit the travel of the shocks by about 3/8".

I've had good luck with Trinity's progressive springs and the black HPI springs. The springs that came with my shocks were to soft.

Got a pic from the bottom or from the front?
I've also been trying to add some strength to that right rear shock....
The trinity progressive springs you're talking about, is it this....?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBKH4&P=7

Thats the only thing i can find, that might work.

Also, Bender, are you using the hotbodies version of the savage shocks?
Those black springs are softer than the HPI black set?

For reference, and for crawlerready, the link is....
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFZN8&P=7

Good luck crawlerready, setting up your shocks. A little makes alot of difference when it comes to the lowers being towards the tires, and the angle they lay at front to back. When I had my lower shock mounts more inboard on the axle, the torque twist was almost twice as bad as it is now, with them being closer to the tires by only 1/2"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:34 PM   #15
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
I've also been trying to add some strength to that right rear shock....
The trinity progressive springs you're talking about, is it this....?
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBKH4&P=7

Thats the only thing i can find, that might work.

Also, Bender, are you using the hotbodies version of the savage shocks?
Those black springs are softer than the HPI black set?

For reference, and for crawlerready, the link is....
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFZN8&P=7

Good luck crawlerready, setting up your shocks. A little makes alot of difference when it comes to the lowers being towards the tires, and the angle they lay at front to back. When I had my lower shock mounts more inboard on the axle, the torque twist was almost twice as bad as it is now, with them being closer to the tires by only 1/2"
I'm not sure what the ones in the link you posted are for, almost looks like an on road car. The springs I'm taking about are here, the first post gives the part number for the spring set I bought:
"ROCTAPUS"

The shocks I'm using are the aluminum Hot Bodies shocks, I'm using the stock spring that came on those shocks on the left rear and the right front. On the left front I have an HPI black spring, the ones you linked which are stiffer then the original HB springs. On the right rear I'm running Trinity's progressive spring set, 2 blacks and 1 yellow.

80w oil in the right rear and left front, 50w in the left rear and right front.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:16 AM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Sweet rig Bender. Have always liked it. Maybe that is why my next TXT will be like it. I figured I would cut my teeth on a "standard" style one first.

Imitation is the sincerest flatery.
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:36 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

guess who feels like a noodle head? i do because i forgot to put the links that go in between the chassis to hold it to gether and that was one of the main reasons it was twisting =O ooops