Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: From the ground up.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2005, 07:01 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default From the ground up.

Since I sold my txt to austin I started noticing that clods do better at green river where as txt usually rules at bucks pocket. So I picked up a txt kit from the lhs and dove into it tonight. I remember kenny telling me about building his and about having screws and pieces in diffrent foam cups so the parts wouldnt get scattered and lost. I thought it was a bit of an exageration but as the sig says F*** Noooooooooo. It looks like a small parts bin exploded. I was able to finish the main gearbox tonight. Hopefully I can make a little more progress tomorrow night.
Attached Images

aubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2005, 07:29 PM   #2
MODERATOR™

Southern Comfort.

Alcohol required.

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 01:45 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Yep that was one of the addendum pages. Drink liberally
Old 08-16-2005, 02:08 PM   #4
Spanky

aubie i tried to return your PM's but it locks my PC up when i try to reply.

good luck with the new txt.
asm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 03:31 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

So that virus I sent you worked.. J/K How are you coming with Austins tranny? I noticed on this one that it is ALOT smoother the the one in in my old truck.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:28 AM   #6
Spanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie
So that virus I sent you worked.. J/K How are you coming with Austins tranny? I noticed on this one that it is ALOT smoother the the one in in my old truck.
yes the tranny was sorta halfass put together so he had to do a total rebuild.
asm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:43 AM   #7
RCC Addict

Quote:

Are you shure that after a little comfort that you put the gears in the tranny there aubie.That just might be why its so dang smooth.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 12:52 PM   #8
Powered by Awesome

JB Weld the diffs before you assemble the diffs... if you dont... you'll be takin them apart to do so later. I think i have disassembled Twisted (my TXT) about 8-9 times...

happy buildin
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 03:08 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Cant fawkin sleep so lets talk txt again. I looked over the pics of the first one that I modded and didnt really want to do the same thing again. Its kinda like looking in the dictionary under redundant and it says see modded TXT . So im going to go tube frame with it. I personally have never seen a tuber do well in a comp so I want to change that. Im sure that I can build a tuber worthy enough to place in the top 5 at green river. And if not everyone can gladly throw highmark in again just for s**** and giggles I hit evil bay for a set of bearings, the new super rooster on hand and the 1/4 scale servos are at omers waiting to be picked up. I have a new sets of moabs, chrome 40 series rims and also a new set of aluminum widners. All that is lacked is the frame itself. I have been searching the net trying to find a frame to model it from but havent hit on anything that jumps out at me. I have basically 5 weeks to build and test it. All this along turning out roughly a tuber a week to keep with the orders I get. So if anyone has some good 1:1 tube frame photos send them my way. I need to have drawings of the frame by this weekend so I can start putting the wheels in motion.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #10
Don
Quarry Creeper

I can't wait to see what you come up with. And It would be nice to see a tuber that can place somewhere other then last.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 01:00 PM   #11
Powered by Awesome

the 1/4 scale servos work awsome, but someone said to use the Novak Servo Regulator and the servo works even better... that and my ESC keeps cutting out after about 45 min of use when i turn the servo.. i think its overloading the esc... im ordering one up to see if it stops the glitching in its tracks. happy building
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 05:02 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I have never run a servo regulator on a txt. Just a 6 volt 3200 mill batttery to power the servos. Never had interference of any kind.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:58 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Cant fawkin sleep so lets talk txt again. I looked over the pics of the first one that I modded and didnt really want to do the same thing again. Its kinda like looking in the dictionary under redundant and it says see modded TXT . So im going to go tube frame with it. I personally have never seen a tuber do well in a comp so I want to change that. Im sure that I can build a tuber worthy enough to place in the top 5 at green river. And if not everyone can gladly throw highmark in again just for s**** and giggles I hit evil bay for a set of bearings, the new super rooster on hand and the 1/4 scale servos are at omers waiting to be picked up. I have a new sets of moabs, chrome 40 series rims and also a new set of aluminum widners. All that is lacked is the frame itself. I have been searching the net trying to find a frame to model it from but havent hit on anything that jumps out at me. I have basically 5 weeks to build and test it. All this along turning out roughly a tuber a week to keep with the orders I get. So if anyone has some good 1:1 tube frame photos send them my way. I need to have drawings of the frame by this weekend so I can start putting the wheels in motion.
You have to be there to be able to place in the top 5....
killertxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:05 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by killertxt
You have to be there to be able to place in the top 5....

This coming from somebody that was out of the truck 5 whole minutes the last time they were at green river.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:07 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Im sure that I can build a tuber worthy enough to place in the top 5 at green river. And if not everyone can gladly throw highmark in again just for s**** and giggles
What Kenny said

I guess it's a good thing that I'm a good swimer, that current is strong!

Now get your *** back to work. You (we) can't afford to loose!
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:30 PM   #16
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
I personally have never seen a tuber do well in a comp so I want to change that.
Weren't you keeping score at the pocket when I got 5th with Jr on his first outing...after I fell on it and hosed up the rear end?

Can't say I did well (didn't win )...but considering that I busted two servo horns and mangled the rear susp, I think I did pretty well.

Maybe I should drag Jr back to the pocket one day.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 06:50 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I personally have never seen a tuber do well in a comp so I want to change that.

I did pretty well with my tuber (4th I think) at Buford Dam. It even moved under it's own power after the comp! Only had 6 links and 3 shocks remaining, but it still moved.

But wait.....you weren't there were you?

I don't see any reason a tuber can't be competitive, despite everything Fishy tries to tell me. It may take more work to set up correctly (link/ shock mounts), but once you get it there, I think they might even have a slight weight advantage.

Destroyer
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 07:53 AM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I finally make it to a comp and YOU still wont let the NS title die. I have one thing to say. Bring your arse to green river and and you will see first hand a tuber finishing in the top 5 and whipping whatever truck you bring.

You are correct. Setup will be the key and I have that figured out. Now just finding the time to build it between now and then.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:36 AM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer
I don't see any reason a tuber can't be competitive, despite everything Fishy tries to tell me. It may take more work to set up correctly (link/ shock mounts), but once you get it there, I think they might even have a slight weight advantage.
Destroyer
When a tube frame finishes in the TOP 1/3 of the field in a competition I will be a believer.

Until then its just theory and speculation
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:34 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

My World crawler build off rig will once the pics are revealed. It is a tuber but a clod based. I will be there in Oct. I took 3rd last time and will be finishing higher this next time.
Xtreme RC is offline   Reply With Quote