Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Suspension Lift for TXT-1 !!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2004, 10:41 PM   #1
RSI
Rock Crawler

Default Suspension Lift for TXT-1 !!!!

yes thats right a suspension lift!

http://hpisavageforum.com/forum/show...4749#post94749

ryan
RSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2004, 08:17 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Suspension Lift for TXT-1 !!!!

RSI,
We are buddies.....so I will give you my constructive criticism and I know you won't be offended.
First of all...I like your idea of wanting to achieving clearance but I think you have taken away some of the good things about the TXT. For one...you shortened the wheel base by raising the suspension up. Not good for hill climbing, etc. Second, you have raised the already heavy part of the truck even higher. Not good for off camber situations or any type of rock crawling. Center of gravity is one of the most important things to consider in rock crawling. Clearance is great but if your truck is upside down due to a roll over, it is worthless. I effectively did the same thing you did but with aluminum spacers. I didn't raise it quite as much as you did but it's pretty much the same. I custom made canti links that are slightly shorter because the longer links tend to leverage, bend and twist during hard core wheeling. That lowered the truck overall.....so then I cut the chasis to gain the ground clearance. This keeps the truck VERY stable.
I'm afraid that your truck will roll over a lot. I did the same type of mods a while back to try and gain clearance and spent most of my time putting the truck back onto it's tires. Hope this helps with future mods.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote