Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: txt gearing help needed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #1

Default txt gearing help needed

hi guys i have a crawler with an axial chassis motor trans and txt axles . i dont have much low end power and was wondering if it would be because of the axial trans with txt axles causing me a very high gear ratio . it has a stock 27 turn axial motor and i have dropped down from the big rc4wd mud slingers on 40 series wheels to stock savage size and its better but barely pulls itself.im not sure of the pinion and spur gear count but the spur is close to the drive shaft so i dont guess i can go much larger. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
dirtmonkey912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

First off that stock motor isn't going to cut it. Your going to have to go to a higher turn motor maybe a 55T. That's just a guideline as some of the better 45T motors like JP custom's Warrior motors put out a lot more torque than a regular lathe 55T motor and spins faster to boot. But you really have to be careful because the Axial tranny, while strong for 2.2s, is pushing it in a TXT super class crawler.

I can bet in the future your going to be posting a question about why those Savage tires suck at crawling.....
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote