Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Gearbox problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2004, 02:37 PM   #1
AFJ
Pebble Pounder

Default Gearbox problem

Ive read that when i put in 9T gears it will be loud and to grind a bit of set screw, so i did that and it still does that, but not always, only when i raise the front of the truck, or accelerate hard, i have a vid that i made, please if anyone wants to see it and may have a clue how to get rid of it, give me your mail, and ill mail the vid, its vith sound so you can hear that.
Thanks Adam
AFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2004, 09:48 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Gearbox problem

mt TXT has stock drivetrain except for the 9 pinion and it sounds like there is something very wrong going on. I pulled the tranny apart and put it back together in case I had done something wrong but the noise is still there...everything else I have is nitro so the noise MIGHT be normal. I'll let the guys hear it at the Moab comp this month and get an informed opinion. anyhoo...my point is, do you have anything to compare it to?
My buddy has a touring car and it is silent! but I think thats comparing apples to oranges...he has a very evicient (sp?) drive train compared to our TXT trannys.
Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 12:06 AM   #3
AFJ
Pebble Pounder

yes its nois compared to stock TXT, and compared to time when i run very slow, and not accelerate very hard
Old 09-04-2004, 09:59 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

There are a few things that could be going on. The grub screw could be catching the spur gear. The mesh could be set incorrectly. It could just be noisy as the gears get broken in. If it is the grub screw problem, don't worry about it. It will eventually eat away some of the plastic and it won't make the sound anymore. That's what happened with mine and it didn't negatively affect anything. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it. You can also try and install the pinion gear backwards, which will keep the grub screw away from the spur gear a little more. You could also grind down the spur gear on the edge of the teeth if it really bugs you that bad.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 04:19 PM   #5
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Good point Dirk, I have my grub screw backwards so it does not hit the spur gear just for that reason.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 04:49 PM   #6
AFJ
Pebble Pounder

ive grinded a bit of that screw, and it looks like it helped, so now only thing thats left for me to do is get revo sliders and longer links