Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Hopefully winter project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2005, 06:14 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Help me out with my project

OK, since Christmas and winter are coming soon I have decided that i want to make a TXT-1 project. I don't just want to buy a TXT-1 i want to build one from the ground up. I am only 13 and don't have welding skills and stuff like that but i do have the patients to build anything. I was just wondering what Chassis, diffs, and linkage i should use for now since those are the biggest parts. Should I use a tranny or just somehow use the clod diffs that have the mottors hooked right up to them. If I do use a tranny what one should i use and what kind of driveshafts should i use. I would really appriciate it if you guys could help me out, and give me some ideas. I am looking to spend $400-500 just from christmas and my b-day so i dont have the money for $350 chassis and what not. Thanks a lot guys.

Last edited by savyxer; 10-13-2005 at 08:30 PM. Reason: wrong title
savyxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Also say if i were to get a gecko clodbuster chassis will i have to stick with just clod diffs and parts or can i go with TXT-1 parts and diffs, and axles
Old 10-14-2005, 02:52 AM   #3
Nope..

[QUOTE=savyxer] Should I use a tranny or just somehow use the clod diffs that have the mottors hooked right up to them. If I do use a tranny what one should i use and what kind of driveshafts should i use. [QUOTE]

Well, since you want to build a TXT,I would say you should use the TXT tranny and axles with revo shafts. And just to clarify, you can't swap clod and TXT axles. They are totally different and you can't run driveshafts to a clod axle.
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 07:23 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Based on your price range I would suggest buying a TXT to assemble and do the 10 tips under $20 that is posted in the tech section here. Buying the TXT kit will give you everything you need to get started without having to find parts everywhere. You will have a very capable crawler and should be able to stay within your budget.
old_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 04:54 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

But i sortof wanted to build a custom truck. Thats just my budget from christmas and my brithday which is in feb. Plus i have a newspaper job so i make like 40 every 2 weeks. What is the average buget on crawlers
Old 10-14-2005, 06:05 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

rckjeep has a thread on txt build up . check it out.
in your price you can get a txt and build it. i got mine off ebay rtr SR ,2 cs80 servos , moabs, locked f/r, moded tq3 , integy shocks , gd600 and more for 350.00. all it needed to run is a charger and batterys . look around, its cheaper to buy a rig than to build it new . good luck
RZ
rock zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:53 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

rckjeep's thread is the one to read, it will help you alot.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote