Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Need Help/Questions..TXT

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2005, 05:24 PM   #1
I joined the Band!

Red face Need Help/Questions..TXT

Hey guys i serached and everything and i couldnt find nothing.

Well I am using a orion 27t and well my TXT will not climb up anything it will just stay right there right on a LITTLE rock and not even go up it..
I am using the GD600 to.. I have no clue it wont even crawl...

Next question.. I kno its a noobie one but right now i have 4 wheel steering and i want to convert it to 2 WS how do i do that? so the back end wont turn 2?

Please help me =D

Thanks,
nate
savageRACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-10-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

It sounds like you have a lack of power to the motor. What ESC are you using? Also make sure you have the terminals correct . You won't get as much juice if you're using reverse as the forward force. As far as the 2ws you can make a lockout easy by mounting the servo rod to the axles themselves.
CrawlnSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:30 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Yor gearing may also be off.If you mean independant steering you need a 3 channel radio most people us a traxxas tq3 radio.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 05:37 AM   #4
I joined the Band!

Quote:
It sounds like you have a lack of power to the motor. What ESC are you using? Also make sure you have the terminals correct . You won't get as much juice if you're using reverse as the forward force. As far as the 2ws you can make a lockout easy by mounting the servo rod to the axles themselves.
\

The ESC im using is LRP A.I Runner, I am running the GD600 Should i buy like a 55t lathe for like more torqe? Well Already my gears are stripping.. So im buying new ones like for the spur, Do you guys no what gears i should get an like pinions?

I can buy a motor and every thing today so show me what i need and ill buy it..
LMK
Thanks,

Nathan
Old 11-11-2005, 06:37 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

The problem may be friction and binding. If you are stripping gears and have no power, Those are kind of oppisits.

Buy the new gears, then do a little test. Put all the new gears in, make sure the drive train is complete except the motor. Try spinning the wheels. If you hear grinding, a high pitched squeal, or the tires are difficult to spin, you have some binding somewere.

Now the first place I would look is the gear reduction. all the other gears in the trans have a set gear mesh. Take the trans out and spin it by hand. It should spin freely.

If the gear reduction and the trans are both spinning freely, check the axles. Take the drive shafts off and spin the tires. Once again, it should spin free. If the binding is in the axle, take them apart and clean everything really good. Check for missing or damaged teeth on the gears, blown or "crunchy" bearings, anything like that. Replace any worn or damaged parts, grease the crap out of the gears, put it back together.

If you have a 27 T motor on a gear reduction you "should" have more then enough torque to go over most anything. Good luck
RD400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:51 AM   #6
I joined the Band!

Hey thanks.. Ill try this out
Old 11-11-2005, 06:51 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Is your motor set to zero degrees? Since you are running a GD600 the motor may be runing in reverse and the timing will be off. Can the truck climb better in reverse? If you go with a lathe motor this will not be a problem since they are already at zero degrees or you may need to get a reverse rotation motor.
old_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:54 AM   #8
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Is your motor set to zero degrees? Since you are running a GD600 the motor may be runing in reverse and the timing will be off. Can the truck climb better in reverse? If you go with a lathe motor this will not be a problem since they are already at zero degrees or you may need to get a reverse rotation motor.
Well im using a maxx tranny and the 27 turn orion motor is on the GD 600 yes it does climb better in reverse.. but not like that good..
Old 11-11-2005, 06:58 AM   #9
I joined the Band!

So if i buy a good lathe and new gears it should be ok?

Like it will run but the thing doesnt crawl.

You know the the pin that is hanging off the motor where the gear goes, Well what size gear should i get for that?

I need sum really good gear sizes to make me have a good crawling TXT..

Please i need this help =D..

Thanks,
Nathan
Old 11-11-2005, 10:09 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageRACE
So if i buy a good lathe and new gears it should be ok?

Like it will run but the thing doesnt crawl.

You know the the pin that is hanging off the motor where the gear goes, Well what size gear should i get for that?

I need sum really good gear sizes to make me have a good crawling TXT..

Please i need this help =D..

Thanks,
Nathan
you should be using the 2.5:1 pinion gear that came with the GD600
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:57 PM   #11
Powered by Awesome

i ran the stock 540can and it had more then enough power with the gd600.... but the motor would bog down before snapping something... usually.
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 03:46 PM   #12
I joined the Band!

Well i think im ganna get the 1 Matrix 55t Lathe motor and 13 tooth pinions and what spur should i get, i want a metal one but what size?..

Do you think this will be good for my TXT?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:00 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

Why not use the standard pinion that came with the gd-600 ? and use the stock 15t at the end of the gd-600.

I think the lrp ai runner has a upper limit to, so make sure it can take a 55t lathe... i cant understand how it can have a upper limit, but then again... im not that experienced in these electric cars yet

Why not try a good 19t engine, that will give you a good torque and a nice wheelspinn.

The lathe 55t will give you very good torque, but it is very slow... would guess you will need a 20+t pinion on the motor then, but that will take away allot of the torque. Best bet if you mainly want a good crawler would be to try a lathe 55t and the gd-600 stock pinion, and see how that works out.

Many in here crawls very good with a stock 540 engine and the gd-600, the gd-600 pinion on motor and the stock 15t pinion at the end of the gd-600... wouldnt it be a good thing to try that first ?

Do check for bindings, it sounds like you either got a bad motor, or your gears are to tight or something, do a complete checkup and look over your motor to, as there is no need for a special strong motor when using gd-600, it will do just fine with a stock 540.

Last edited by Automan; 11-15-2005 at 05:03 AM.
Automan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 11:26 AM   #14
I joined the Band!

Sweet man.. Thanks for the write up.. I will do =D.. But i think im going to use the 55t lathe i think it will be good.. More torqe and the speed dont matter i wanna just crawl good.. and i dont wanna eat my batterys up i want 2 use them for a while like with the lathe
Old 11-15-2005, 12:58 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Ok, no worries
The lathe 55turn is high torque and long driving time, and with a gd-600 even more torque, so it will have strength but do not expect any speed what so ever... i mean, it will be so very slow.

Lathe 55 or gd-600... using both is a bit of overkill to say the least, and a high risk that you will snapp axels etc with that much torque.
For crawling slow only the lathe 55 and gd-600 may be a very good choice, if you are totally into that high tech rock crawling and have no plans on going truck trial etc, or drive it "normal"

i have noticed that with very high tech crawling you will need a very slow machine with good torque, but some crawlers still want be able to have some wheel spinn. It's much up to the driving style you have, it's hard to say exactly what YOU will feel is right.
Be prepared that a lathe 55 with a gd-600 will be so very slow, so i hope you are not thinking of using it for anything else then slow rock crawling extreme, with a lathe 55 only it will be slow, but you will have some speed, not at all much speed, but some, it will not be that ultra slow motion crawl that you will have if you are using it with gd-600. a lathe 55 will be enough torque, using a 12-15, or 18pinion, or use a gd-600 with a 19t good motor or stock motor will also have enough torque, it's allot of try and see what YOU feel is right.

Good luck with the single lathe 55 setup, keep us posted on how it turns out for you !

Good luck !
Old 11-15-2005, 01:15 PM   #16
I joined the Band!

Red face

Quote:
he 55turn is high torque and long driving time, and with a gd-600 even more torque, so it will have strength but do not expect any speed what so ever... i mean, it will be so very slow.

Lathe 55 or gd-600... using both is a bit of overkill to say the least, and a high risk that you will snapp axels etc with that much torque.
For crawling slow only the lathe 55 and gd-600 may be a very good choice, if you are totally into that high tech rock crawling and have no plans on going truck trial etc, or drive it "normal"

i have noticed that with very high tech crawling you will need a very slow machine with good torque, but some crawlers still want be able to have some wheel spinn. It's much up to the driving style you have, it's hard to say exactly what YOU will feel is right.
Be prepared that a lathe 55 with a gd-600 will be so very slow, so i hope you are not thinking of using it for anything else then slow rock crawling extreme, with a lathe 55 only it will be slow, but you will have some speed, not at all much speed, but some, it will not be that ultra slow motion crawl that you will have if you are using it with gd-600. a lathe 55 will be enough torque, using a 12-15, or 18pinion, or use a gd-600 with a 19t good motor or stock motor will also have enough torque, it's allot of try and see what YOU feel is right.
Woah man ur a awsum guy 2 get info from.. =D

Ok so should i take of the GD600 do i dont break an axle or anything?

Is this Trail? N.E.R.C.C. December Get together

I am going there in december and i want 2 have my gears and everyhting good.. Well im confused on like 2 parts, the fist one is what SPUR size i should get im totaly not sure... and can u use metal spurs? ok for the pinion i have a 12tooth.. is thzt ok?

What should i do? i really wanna use the lathe motor but i dont wanna be breakin AXLES... And i am using the maxx tranny so it is only for 1 motor so i think that will make a difference 2..

Hey Man i can send u sum pics if u want..

Do u have AIM?

LMK..

Thanks,
Nate
Old 11-16-2005, 03:09 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Glad i could help in some way

First of all, im happy that you find some of what i say to be useful info and second of all... im quite new at this, but i have read up on almost everything there is about it, puh.. it's alot. And seen all the movies etc.

The place you are about to crawl on seams to be a nice spot, but you will probably need some good wheelspin on that track, as it will probably be wet this time of the year.
It's not a trial, it is a rock crawl with a twist

As i said a lathe 55 with a gd-600 will give you so much torque that the chance of breaking axels will be quite high.

The rpm of the lathe 55 is around 6000, and if i remember right the stock 540 has around 14000, so compared to that stock speed you had.. and you probably want lower than that, there is no problem to start trying with the stock 15t or 12t pinion, and leave the rest gears alone, have not heard of any of those gears could be found in aluminum or steel, the only gear that could be found in metal is the pinion... what i know anyways.

I have no experience about the maxx tranny, but do mail me some pictures and i will have a look at your setup, it's always nice to see other crawlers.

Like i said before, and i think many will agree.. it's hard to tell you what you should use gearwise, we can only give you a general idea in witch area to try, like in your case with a single lathe 55t you should try out pinions 9t - 18t.. the rest is up to you to try it and see how it feels for you and your drivingstyle.

Dont be scared to use the gd-600 to, if you want extreme slow crawling, but be careful when you drive, cause it will be a very high torque, and you will need to drive with very sensetive fingers and be more alert if you know what i mean.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:23 PM   #18
I joined the Band!

Red face

Woah sweet man thanks for the info Well i just won a Novak Rooster on Ebay do you think that would be good for my TXT?
Well i might try at first JUST the 55t lathe by its self and wait to see ill take off the GD and just have the lathe on there.. I will try and take sum pics and i will send them 2 ur email .

Make sure 2 check ur email =D..

Well LMK..

Thanks you,
Nathan
Old 11-16-2005, 02:09 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Your welcome Nathan !

I will check my mail, no problems

That esc you won will do just fine, probably the lrp ai runner would have worked out fine to, but i just was a little sceptic when they mention a upper limit on motors, and not just a lower limit as everyone else do... strange.

Ye, try it out with the lathe 55t first, then if you should feel that isnt enough... well you know the story by now

Take care !
Old 11-16-2005, 02:49 PM   #20
I joined the Band!

I will get a new battery tonight i will have pics for u November 17th tomarrow =D