Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: TXT binding up when climbing, need help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2005, 10:09 PM   #1

Default TXT binding up when climbing, need help

My TXT is binding up when I attempt to climb something. It will not climb an obstacle in forward. It's climbing ability is better in reverse but it still binds up. I removed the drive shafts and checked the axles. Everything spins freely. I then removed the motor and gear reduction and ran it off the transmission. The motor spins fine in forward and reverse. I pulled the tranny apart and all of the gears seem fine and spin freely by hand. There is a little slack in the tranny gears but I didn't see that as a problem. I am stumped. I don't know where to look. I am trying to isolate the problem and have been unsuccessful. Whenever it begins to bind the motor and gear reduction start to bounce. The noise is coming from somewhere between the motor and tranny. The noise telegraphs off of those parts so i can pinpoint it. All of my screws and bolts are tight. I am running a GD-600 with a Lathe motor. Any help is appreciated.
Topgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2005, 08:04 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Bounce? Is the GD-600 moving or is it flexing? Does the stock motor plate have all of the screws holding in to the trans? How did you drill out the pinion on the gear reduction? Are your drive shafts binding?

Just some questions I thuoght of while reading your post. With out seeing the truck, can't help that much:?

Good luck, let us know what and if you find yur problem
RD400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:21 PM   #3
2006 2.2 National Champ

Moved to TXT forum.

Post up some pics, it may help people figure out your problem.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:41 AM   #4
MODERATOR™

Try removing the GD 600 and use only the Lathe motor. The idea is to isolate the problem.

Or, if the GD 600 isn't tightened down enough, I could see it moving away from the gear inside the tranny.

(One Lathe motor isn't exactly enough when things get in a bind, but it'll show you whats up.)
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote