Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: TXT builder in need of some expert advise...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2004, 03:48 PM   #1
Powered by Awesome

Default TXT builder in need of some expert advise...

Hey guys! My names mike and i'm located in denver colorado. I've been wheelin my txt stock for some time now and recently joined the site only to find ot that my options are not limited by what came in the box. I've started to make brackets to mount double servos on the front axle and relocate the lower links to the top of the axles for ground clearance but ive hit a road block and was wondering if someone out there could help me. I want to extend the wheelbase (im going to use the make your own link write up, which was awsome!) and i am having trouble figuring out how to lengthen my driveshaft. i saw that ESP makes an extension but i cant find out where to buy it. I have also seen that some of the featured rigs are running (i could be wrong) tmaxx driveshafts. i was wondeering about everyones thoughts on the tmaxx driveshafts or if anyone may have any better ideas? im thinking about extending the wheelbase about an inch or so longer then stock.... any and all opinions are appreciated.

Happy Wheeling! :P
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2004, 03:59 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: TXT builder in need of some expert advise...

well a lot of guys are running the 2.5 tmaxx shafts. the swap is an easy one. Revo shafts also work but you'll need more WB at least 15" I think. Some guys running the tmaxx shafts have cut the male and glued inside a female then with the other female side put it all together.

Search for maxx shafts and you should find what you are looking for. Also you don't need to make new links. use your existing links and move them further apart on the chassis to lengthen the WB.

hope that helps.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 03:59 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Well, you could go two ways either get the 2.5 maxx driveshafts, which will work fine for you, or you could get revo driveshafts, which are stronger. I dont know what the price difference is. I also think you might have to do some modding to get the revo driveshafts to fit, but I'm not really sure on that.
RcRock-Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 04:20 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Maxx or Revos are easy to get. I am over in Golden, so if ya ever want to crawl or just com eand check out my TXT gimmie a shout.

I have Revo shafts, 16" WB, a mucho different chassis cut and tranny relocation, and custom servo mounts. Look at the 9-11 CO comp thread for pics, it is the Black cut up Bronco.
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 07:26 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I am running 2.5 sliders with a 15" WB and havent had any probs with twisting and they look pretty cool and alot better than stockers( I am sure the revos do too) I consider the terrain I wheel on to be pretty extreme(as in lots of loose rocks, dirt and big holes tied together with bigger and sharp rocks) so I think the stress put on my truck is a decent amout and everthing has held up fine(except the link mounts on the axles, but they were version #1!)
jeep_boy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 08:21 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Location: ROCK CRAWLIN AND RACING WHERE I WANT AND HOW I WANT!!!

I have been running the t- maxx 2.5 shafts and they work fine.But just started building a new tube chassis and I just ordered the revo shafts and yokes I have less than 20.00 bucks in the shafts I dont know what your wheel base is but mine is at 15.5 inches and I'am running an e-maxx tranny and txt rears with a gd-600 gear reduction.
RocJoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:28 AM   #7