Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: is this a good deal??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2004, 10:11 PM   #1
TRD
Rock Stacker

Default is this a good deal??

i just got a txt i paid 170.00 used it is vary clean all stock no rock rash yet. it also had a 4.8 v servo pack , traxxas xl-1 esc and a hitec servo .
did i get a good deal

what should i do to it first i have 100 that i can put in to it

TRD
TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2004, 12:54 AM   #2

Default Re: is this a good deal??

yes you got a very good deal. Now to answer your question more info is needed. How do you plan to use your truck? If you plan to rockcrawl stretch the wheelbase put on four wheel steering lock both diffs cut the tires raise the chassis and cut the frame. for more deatailed info visit the article forum and read dirk's ten steps to the ultimate txt-1 you can do this for less than 100$
devchev99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 01:39 AM   #3
AFJ
Pebble Pounder

but for absolute begining, lock diffs, and cut the wheels and get 9T pinions , it will get alot better than
AFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 04:35 PM   #4
TRD
Rock Stacker

i m going to use the truck for rock crawling and i look at that forum but is it hard to cut the chassis??? one guy said he used a lathe on os links i do not have that. or dose some one make custom chassis for them ???

TRD
Old 09-27-2004, 05:58 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

you can lengthen the WB and use your stock links. What I did was swap the links bottom to top and so on. Then cut a 1/8" off of each end of the long links. Move them up on the frame after moving the tranny up 1/2" then cut 1" off the bottom of the frame. It will look like this

here's a link to my recent mods.

http://www.rccrawler.com/postx2522-0-0.html
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 08:42 PM   #6
TRD
Rock Stacker

nice truck rckjeep how much did you strech it ? was it a hard job ?
i only have basic tools like drill press, grinder, sawza, jigg saw, belt sanderand a few more but basic stuff .

TRD
Old 09-27-2004, 11:49 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD
nice truck rckjeep how much did you strech it ? was it a hard job ?
i only have basic tools like drill press, grinder, sawza, jigg saw, belt sanderand a few more but basic stuff .

TRD
Man, I thought my screwdrivers, allen wrenches and cordless drill were "basic"!
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:51 AM   #8
TRD
Rock Stacker

Default Re:TXT BUILD UP

I CUT 1 INCH OFF THE CHASSIS AND MOVED THE TRANNY UP. MOVED THE SHOCK MOUNTS AND MADE STEERING LINKS OUT OF BRASS TUBE ,JB WELD THE FROUNT AND REAR DIFFS. I WILL GET PICS SOON

TRD
Old 10-03-2004, 11:03 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

It's stretched to 15.25 inches and it wasn't that hard at all. Did you cut off the lower tranny mount? In my Tranny & Chassis thread I show how much to cut off. If you didn't you can gain another 1/2" of clearence.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 11:56 PM   #10
TRD
Rock Stacker

Default Re: is this a good deal?? ROCK ZOMBIE

no i did not cut the tranny mount .i think it needs the support more than i need the clearance. but it was easy.i have also made steering links out of brass tube, gd 600 ,a 5645 and 945 servos super rooster ,revo shafts.

i need to make servo mounts and skid plate but im having trouble with both of them. what do you think about savage shocks? move the cantanleavers forward, about the end of the chassis . maby? i noticed that the suspension does not compress as easy as stock because the shock links are kicked back at an angle ?

rc jeep you put revo shafts on your TXT right. did your drive shafts hit your upper links as you move the suspension? mine did so i moved the links up is this normal. should i go wider ? LST or kongs ? give me some input and ideas.

i only drove 5 packs through this truck 8O is all of the work worth it ? i hope so

TRD