Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Eager Beaver 2.2 scale txt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Eager Beaver 2.2 scale txt

The float st has worked out well and I wanted to transfer some of the simplicity to a more scale looking truck with axles and tranny that could take the full power of brushless. This is what I have so far, motor mounted under the hood, true ladder frame, lipo mounts as a gas tank, and the steering will be toucked up behind the axle.

Pics of the mock up:
Attached Images

grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

do I see alum under there!?! looks good you gonna run it next event?
rockwerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 05:26 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwerks
do I see alum under there!?! looks good you gonna run it next event?
I am building this truck for Washington/Oregon but I may just drive it in the next comp to test it out...it all depends on if I feel like winning the series title or hanging it all out(two wheel steering is a huge disadvantage, plus the miniscule amount of travel, and last but most certainly not least this truck will easily weight twice the float st).
Old 06-14-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by grover
I am building this truck for Washington/Oregon but I may just drive it in the next comp to test it out...it all depends on if I feel like winning the series title or hanging it all out(two wheel steering is a huge disadvantage, plus the miniscule amount of travel, and last but most certainly not least this truck will easily weight twice the float st).

ah I see yoru point...............heck just tip it over at each gate.......reposition to get through and walk away without any backups etc.....should be only 20 to 25 points per run.......LOL

Im trying to get the new chassis in a finished rig before then. to try it out.

rather than attach the center with fixxed alum, how about a piece of spring steel across the sidth of the chassis to mount the axle too, youd get twice as much flex

Last edited by rockwerks; 06-14-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:01 PM   #5
MODERATOR™

I don't have faith in those upper mounts on the axle. I hope I'm wrong.

Looks really cool so far.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 12:39 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee
I don't have faith in those upper mounts on the axle. I hope I'm wrong.

Looks really cool so far.
You are correct...if I ran it with out the pan chassis pivots I belive that the upper axle mounts would fatigue as well. The pics are of the mock up only. The links will be mounted up and then the five hole pattern drilled for the AE pivots drilled. those cross members are going to be milled radically as well.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:13 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by grover
You are correct...if I ran it with out the pan chassis pivots I belive that the upper axle mounts would fatigue as well. The pics are of the mock up only. The links will be mounted up and then the five hole pattern drilled for the AE pivots drilled. those cross members are going to be milled radically as well.
so you gonna use this joint solid moounted to the center of the axles?

vertical or horizontal?
Old 06-15-2006, 10:24 AM   #8
Rock Crawler

Brian if you look at the float st thread you can see the red fiberglass prototype pan chassis with these pivots installed. I would install them exactly the same. Only one on each axle and both on the passanger side(because the tranny floats with the frame like on a real truck, and I must line up the pivot and the drive shaft at the front axle). The suspension will act in many ways like a "stick". The twisting action on the transmission and motor assembly transfers directly into the frame which can not move in the direction it torques going forward. In reverse under heavy load you will see the chassis lift but I have tried this on other prototypes and can live with this "action"(in reverse).

This axle, tranny, driveshaft configuration is exactly the same as the spec truck you saw me drive at the last comp(litterally the same).
Old 06-15-2006, 09:31 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Progress: Steering servo mounted like a power steering box. Links installed and electronics test fit. i had planned on running a lexan pan like the last version of the float st so that I could make the battery look like a gas tank but it fits so well under the hood I just cant justify it.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2006, 10:25 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Eager beaver hit the rocks today...fun and challenging to drive.

Pics of the finished truck:
Attached Images