Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Noobie :D

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2004, 08:39 AM   #1
AFJ
Pebble Pounder

Default Noobie :D

Im new to rock crawling and to this forum. I dont even have a crawler yet, but believe me im working on it as hard as possible. My first question is do you think i choose right, cause i want TXT, cause compared to clod it seems cheaper in the end, cause it looks as its great crawler out of the box, second do you know any online shops ( that ship internationally) that have lowest prices?? Best i found yet is www.hobbynet-jp.com/english/index.html but maybe you know better place, also do you think its worth getting the one with bearings when its $40 more expensive??
Thanks,and sorry for all that questions!!
AFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2004, 01:20 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Noobie :D

you can get parts at www.rc4wd.com but there is nothing special about what they sell. the best crawlers are handmade. you can crawl with a stock txt-1 but most people have one off cars thats what makes this hobby so cool. the person with with the best car put his time, money and blood into it.

oh yha welcome
skyjacker_rc_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 01:36 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

you probably don't really need the bearings. Bearings help to eliminate resistance. That is nice for high speed aplications but not totally necessary in crawling. Bearing will net you some better run times but not enough to worry about. I would keep the $40 and spend it somewhere else.....like a strip club or something.
Good choice in the TXT. I personally think its the best platform, most buildable, most reliable, most realistic and most capable, out of the box and modified. Good luck
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 02:04 PM   #4
RCC Addict

You'll be happy with the TXT. I just got mine going last weekend, and love it. All stock other than a high torque steering servo, which is where I would put the $40 from not doing bearings into. My only complaint is that the stock servo mounts for the steering flex too much. With my Hitec, HS 645MG, it flexes enough to let the servo pop outta the mounts. Time to fab....
bustedcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:22 AM   #5
AFJ
Pebble Pounder

thanks huys, ill sure post when ill have enaugh cash for it, now im about $100 short ( with shipping which is very expensive)
Old 04-28-2004, 04:30 AM   #6
AFJ
Pebble Pounder

i heard it snecesary to make my own servo mounts ( ill probably go with 4WS, and dunno how to do it, i dont have it yet ( slowly but im gathering the cash!!)
Thanks for help