Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: just got my revo drive shafts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2005, 12:57 PM   #1

Default just got my revo drive shafts

hi all i just got a set of revo shafts when i put them on the axles to see how they would fit they were very sloppy and seemed to be a little of center what do i do to make these things fit right. sorry if i asked a question thats already been answered but i couldnt find any info on this
blurr95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2005, 01:49 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

search, but here is what i did.

push out pin holding the shaft in
one end will have a filetted edge, that end goes on the trans
take dremel and grind away until the holes line up with the output shaft on the trans and the input shaft on the axle.
you can use teh pins that came with it to secure the shaft.
just pust the pin through the transmission side and and use teh threaded pin on teh other end
CaptainSafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 05:29 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Question

yeah i jus got mine today but i cant get them to fit to the tranny end?? wat can i do??
hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 04:27 PM   #4

thanks for the reply cap. i did do a search on this subject but i didnt find any info on what i needed know. the problem i had was that the revo shafts fit on a 6mm input/output shaft and my jugg2 axles have 5mm input/output shafts. the revo shafts do fit over them like you said but they dont fit on center. it is offset to one side just a little bit. i dont know if yours are like this but this is the problem i had. i was worried that with it being offset that when i was driving that the shafts would wobble and tear up somthing.now then with all that said i fond the answer to my problem on another post that didnt come up in my search. it was done by extremerc and what he did was take each end off of the revo shafts at the ball joint and gound down the ball until on of the txt/jug ends fit over it. it works perfectly i did it today. i would post the link to his thread but i dont know how. now my hands hurt from so much typing.
Old 02-14-2005, 04:36 PM   #5

the link for the thread i was talking about before was RCCrawler and supporter and my new txt dont now how to do the linbk for it
Old 02-14-2005, 07:23 PM   #6
06 Super National Champ

You did a revo shaft search and couldn't find a thread regarding Revo shafts and installation?

I typed "Revo Shafts" into the search box and found a thread I created just for this reason...

I've seen lots of posts asking about Revo shafts...
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 08:30 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Here is how i mounted my revo shafts. I used the stock yokes off my txt and put them on the revo shafts. Now they fit tight with no slop. Here is how i did it.

OK here are some pics i borrowed from this site and modified a little to show you what i did. Hope that was ok. Here are the pics and then i will try and explain again.

Ok on the TXT shaft the only thing you will need is the two yokes and small pins with e clips that are on each end of the shaft. Pop off one of the e clips and slide out the pin and take the yoke off the shaft. Do this to the other side. Now you should have the two yokes and the two pins with the eclips.

Ok now for the revo shafts. On one end of the revo shaft pop off one of the e clips and slide the pin out and take the yoke off. You will not need that pin or yoke. Do the that same on the other end.

Ok now that you have the pin and yoke off the revo shaft you now need to slide the fatter pin out to get the CSP (chrome square piece) off the revo shaft. Keep these you will reuse them. Ok now on the CSP you will need to dremel just a little bit off of two sides of it. The sides that you will dremel is the side that you slide the smaller pin out of that had the eclips on. It is the smaller diameter hole. You will need to dremel off alittle on both sides evenly so the TXT yoke will slide onto the CSP. Once you are able to slide the TXT yoke onto the CSP then take the pin and eclip for the TXT axle and slide it back through and attach the eclip. Now you have the TXT yokes on each end of the Revo shaft.

Now you can bolt the shaft on your TXT without making any modifications. I hope these directions are clear enough for everyone. thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by Xtreme RC; 02-14-2005 at 09:28 PM.
Xtreme RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:48 PM   #8

i did do a search for revo shaft installs and 5 or 6 came up but out of all of them none mentioned anything about how sloppy they fit the gearboxes thats what i needed to know about
Old 02-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

like i said in another post when u get them to fit together u say to use the small pin off the txt-1, and it goes through the big pin hole there ALOT of space i think too much so would it be safe to drill out the hol on the yoke to fit the big pin through???
airranger is offline   Reply With Quote