Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Finally some wheeling

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #1

Default Finally some wheeling

Finally found a day when it was nice enought to get out and play. I'm not sure I like the nylint tires, they are almost too narrow and not sticky enough.

Got them bound up and snapped an inner shaft. You can see it unload in the last video

Who is running the rc4wd shafts?

Anyone know what the wait is on the cdvs right now I see they are sold out.

Last edited by gabemerrill; 02-26-2007 at 09:39 AM.
gabemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2007, 09:52 AM   #2
2006 2.2 National Champ

Very nice, I recognize that rig. New tires will make a huge difference.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:59 AM   #3

Scott sent these new and I figured I give them a shot. Not bad but is really narrow. Otherwise I'm really pleased with how it performs.

I put a lathe in it and the wheel speed is a little low for east coast wheeling (mud and dirt between rocks). I'm going to try it without the GD. That way it will be more like the 1:1s I wheel with.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/4222795336702446/untitled_0001/

http://www.zippyvideos.com/5743397326702466/untitled_0002/

http://www.zippyvideos.com/8421471796702506/untitled_0003/

http://www.zippyvideos.com/5799326556702526/untitled_0004/
Old 02-26-2007, 06:55 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Ah there you are Gabe. Maybe if I can keep my freaking clod going I'll be able to get it out behind that food lion.

Also when I ordered my outer shafts hobbytown sent me two sets of inners. So if anyone on here knows if the inners for clods and txts are compatible they should still be sitting under the front desk (labeled with my name) at hobbytown on the corner of jefferson and denbigh by blockbuster. So if they are compatible, they're all yours. I think it was like 22 bucks for four inner shafts.
krawlinCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:34 AM   #5

Cool I'll have to check on that. How long ago was that? Those new 3500 batteries work great. I got 45 min out of one before I broke. These rocks are the small ones, around the corner there is a bowl of rocks like death valley on all sides.

I'm going to put the cut txt tires back on for now. I need to quit spending so much on my 1:1 so I can get a set of wheels, adapters, and moabs.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

um............. I think it was about a month ago. But when I went back one time two weeks after they came in they were still there. The number is 757-890-4515 if you wanna call them and find out if they still have them. They should be labeled with my name. If they say they don't have them, I'd go there on your lunch break anyway and ask them if they can check in the box under their front desk, because three out of the four times I've ordered parts from them, if I would've taken their word for it, I wouldn't have been able to wheel it that weekend.

P.S. this weekend if you've gone to get the shafts, I'll bring the moabs and the adapters to the coffee run if you wanna try 'em out.

Last edited by krawlinCJ; 02-27-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #7

Sweet more $$ to spend :-P . CDVs, narrowed Axial Beadlocks, moab xls, and knuckles would be ~ $300. I'll opt for $20 in shafts for now.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabemerrill
CVDs, narrowed Axial Beadlocks, moab xls, and knuckles

Oh I hate you

Just rub it in that I can't make any money because the grass doesn't grow right now.

Guess I just might have to sell some of my old T-MAXX crap that I don't need.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:47 AM   #9
RCC Addict

Is that "the Rocktopuss"?..Looks cool...Im runnin her original skid plate on the "Hawaiian Supah Man"
AIPOHAKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:52 AM   #10

Chris, I'm not spending that kind of coin on the little crawler, but I did pick up those shafts this morning. I've still gotta recover from getting the seat, harnesses, hydro assist, 1 ton steering, usa alloy and atlas for the TJ.

My crawler doesn't have a name yet, but was built in the image of the "Rocktopuss". I picked it up from Scott right before the classifieds went to 30 or more posts. I was a sort of a christmas present to myself.

I'll be moding it once I'm through with this set of mods on my 1:1.

Last edited by gabemerrill; 02-28-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:09 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Did you figure out if the shafts are gonna work or not first? Cause I said I wasn't sure.

I guess me not being an adult I can't really get myself into debt on the CJ. Even though the build comes along slower, I think it'll be worth it knowing that it's all mine and the bank won't own the parts under my jeep for years since I won't be able to start my career until after college.

Oh! I just thought of something! They carry TXTs at that hobbytown. So that means they might have the knuckles. And since clod and TXT knuckles are the same...............I might acually have the darn thing going thiss weekend! But oh wait it's Hobbytown I'm talking about.....nevermind.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:09 AM   #12

Got the shafts installed last night. Easy install, but I'm starting to see ways I'm going to change the chassis. Need to loose weight, and lower what I can't loose. I also put the cut TXT wheels back on and two are pretty leaky, too bad there aren't foams in them. Will be wheeling before the club meeting tonight.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:22 PM   #13

So I swapped out the tires and I get much better grip, but I don't like how they fold up. It could also be the width that helps with this type of rock/terrain. I think some foams would help, or sealing them up again.

Chris here is the other set of rocks. Lots of big ledges to get bound up in , but it needs a little cleaning

Probably a 4 foot drop in to the center.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:41 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

if i can catch a ride to the meeting tonight with someone i'll bring the moabs
Old 03-04-2007, 10:51 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Sup Chris, Sup Gabe....

hey guys, i am out of the game for a while... I will be out wheeling with you guys once i fix my mistake....

Monster-Trucked the Nylint (with my 1:1 Jeep)

yeah, i was going to hit those rocks at the coffee run but i guess my 1:1 had other plans...
DJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #16

... time to go with a real chassis ... you know you are going to get sucked in now that there is a txt, tlt, and clod wheeling circles around ya. But hey having something is better than nothing.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:53 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

I think I may be spreading something around the club. Now DJ, it's time for you to get sick too

***Edit*** I think your jeep decided to help me. But hey, all good things must come to an end..........so bigger and badder things can begin.

Last edited by krawlinCJ; 03-06-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:31 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

yeah, since i have seen eddie's crawler i have been lurking on ebay looking for a nice low profile chassis or roller chassis to start building.

i am debating whether or not i will rebuild my nylint and then sell it and buy a modded TXT or somthing. Looks like i have some selling of my things to do.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:46 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

well gabe, you did it. i just bought a custom TLT yesterday for a steal of a price i have been told: $225 with custom chassis, and everything i need except a body.

whatcha think... ready to do some wheelin?

BTW, what Tx/Rx crystal are you running?

~DJ
Old 04-14-2007, 01:33 PM   #20

Nylint bahh Nice truck but the wheels and tires are ....well you kno
DirtyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote