Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: I'm gettin frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2004, 11:58 PM   #1

Default I'm gettin frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I'm gettn frustrated! I've just finished tearing apart and rebuilding my rear differential front end ....again! The secondary bevel gear keeps slipping loose from the splines, allowing the shaft to pull out of the housing slightly and turing my TXT into a FWD (front wheel drive) from a 4WD!

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions on a fix? I've cleaned out the splines, de-greased them, re-seated the gear, even tried red loctite to hold it in place, all with no luck so far. It seems like once I put a load on the rear diff, usually with a steep uphill climb, the shaft works itself free and backs out. I've tried everything I can think of, short of JBwelding it to the shaft, which I don't want to do unless I have to.

My second frustration showed itself today, just after finishing up the differential; I moved the txt from workbench to floor to check out the repairs. I dropped the truck from about 6 inches up, just like I often do, and when it hit the shop floor, the nose dropped and stayed down! A quick look and the right front cantilever snapped clean in half !8O

I couldn't believe it! I've jumped the truck countless times, absolutely NO problems, and a 6 in. staight fall to the ground, and I'm out of business!

I ordered a full set of aluminum cantis today, but since they have to come all the way up to the frozen north (A.K.A. Canada), I won't be driving for a couple weeks until they get here :(

Man, I am bummed...........
draganflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2004, 05:02 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: I'm gettin frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds as your having problem with something else than just the gear, perhaps the gears have misaligned the plastic it sits in...if you understand what I mean...

The cantilever part sounds like long-time stress finally took it's toll...
DCLXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2004, 10:32 AM   #3
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Default Re: I'm gettin frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to be so cold... but man I needed that laugh!

I thought I was the only one that kind of shit happened to!

As far as the gears I think "DCLXVI" is heading you in the right direction.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote