Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Super Duper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2007, 12:04 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

How's the offset 3-link/panhard bar set up working for you? Awesome design and beautiful craftmanship. Does it help with torque twist?
hawnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2007, 09:33 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

The front 3-link works just fine and makes more room in the front of the chassis for the motor and servos. The rear suspension has more to do with not haveing any torque twist, since its a droop car the rear geometry is setup to squat under load and keeps the tail planted under power
miniwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

Time for a long past due update.

after trying to get several big outrunner combos to work good I gave up and went with a GD600 silver can setup for nats. On 9cells it had plenty of power and still crawled butter smooth, but the gear lash was horrid
it would cost me several backs per run. I wanted to try the New Goat Crawler, but after spending a bunch of money on lackluster outrunners i was unshure until JIA let me drive Ralph

Under that mess of wires is a Goat Crawler. At first i had problems with it geting too hot and shuting down after like 2 min. So I swaped out to a 7tooth pinnion and installed 2 fans. At first i thought it was all good but later found that if i used the rear steer a lot the BEC would shut down:-(
So as a test i installed a 2nd castle BEC and un hooked the BEC in the novak. That fixed it! Now that i could drive this thing around for a while all iI can say Is WOW. The Goat has super smooth low speed control and will fry the tires on command
Old 01-04-2008, 06:13 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Since I was happy with the new power plant I purched a new lipo from CBP. Its 1/2 the weight and now i have even more punch!

Out back I changed the steering linkage to get sharper turning, I also changed the lower shock mounts.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Since My TXT has been working really good I wanted to finish the original plan and get dig working

Heres the setup behind a TXT tranny The center drive is 404 stainless and rides on bearings, the spool is a cut down 6 point socket with metal rings pressed on it to hold the shift fork it slides on 2 polished stainless steele sleves with bronze bushings form a slot car. To shift in and out of dig i used a 5995 to be shure it still works under a bind

Pic of it in the chassis

Lastly a new lid, The windsheild has a nice slope to help it slide through the tight spots
Old 01-04-2008, 07:11 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Damn, fawking sweet!
blue-beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #47
Keep it real

That's looking real good Jim , dig setup looks like it should hold up too.
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

blue-beard.....Tanis, Thanks

as far as the dig, I think i should strip out thetranny first
Old 01-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #49
I wanna be Dave

awesome work as allways
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #50
I wanna be Dave

I saw this truck at nats, all I can say is WOW!!!! I know I am starting to sound like a broken record hear but have you ever tried a quark with a bm-16, I think you would like it in that truck.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:49 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniwheeler View Post
Since My TXT has been working really good I wanted to finish the original plan and get dig working

Heres the setup behind a TXT tranny The center drive is 404 stainless and rides on bearings, the spool is a cut down 6 point socket with metal rings pressed on it to hold the shift fork it slides on 2 polished stainless steele sleves with bronze bushings form a slot car. To shift in and out of dig i used a 5995 to be shure it still works under a bind

Pic of it in the chassis

Lastly a new lid, The windsheild has a nice slope to help it slide through the tight spots
if you decide to get rid of it, pm me.
highhpcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
I saw this truck at nats, all I can say is WOW!!!! I know I am starting to sound like a broken record hear but have you ever tried a quark with a bm-16, I think you would like it in that truck.

Thanks,I just wish I had it working this good at nats

I had a bm-17 with an 8t pinnion with a mamba max on 9 cells. It had plenty of power and enough wheelspeed but low speed control was so so.I can say it was better than the e-flite power32 i had in it before

As far as selling my txt....prolly never since I would only get pennies on the dollar for it;)
Old 01-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I had a bm-17 with an 8t pinnion with a mamba max on 9 cells. It had plenty of power and enough wheelspeed but low speed control was so so.I can say it was better than the e-flite power32 i had in it before

The Quark makes all the difference, the low speed control is unbelievable. I'll get a vid is just a second.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #54
RCC Addict

x2 on the quark its the smoothest brushless esc I have used..nice rig btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
The Quark makes all the difference, the low speed control is unbelievable. I'll get a vid is just a second.
brushlessnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Here you go, I'm gonna figure my gear ratio in a second, its high though.

QUARK
Old 01-08-2008, 09:22 PM   #56
MODERATOR™

Wow man, the update slipped by me... this is a great freaking TXT!!! Mine's nothing more than the axles at the moment. But this is motivational!

Nice disconnect. Nice period!
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:49 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushlessnut View Post
x2 on the quark its the smoothest brushless esc I have used..nice rig btw

Yes a quark is super smoothit helped me get 4th at nats in 2.2 but the pro-car33 is too small for a TXT IMO something like this would be betterhttp://www.quarkbrushless.com/pro_carcontrol_80b.htm
Old 01-08-2008, 11:15 PM   #58
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Wow man, the update slipped by me... this is a great freaking TXT!!! Mine's nothing more than the axles at the moment. But this is motivational!

Nice disconnect. Nice period!
Youre TXT was my original inspiration! Im lucky enough to have a good super class to run in the PNW people like rbgerrish,grover,hackster,ibracing are some of the top super drivers. It gives me something to shoot for since they are all runnin clods. I have a nice hustler style clod and it crawls great but i still like my TXT better
Old 01-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #59
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation

That dig looks great but I think te first body looked alot better.
Was it too square and getting caught up?
Shane
Rockmuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:15 AM   #60
RCC Addict

I have been looking at them for my super but Im running to pro 33s..I was talking with john and HE said the start up and low end is the same on all the quarks..hows the goat setup line up with the quark?

Quote:
Yes a quark is super smoothit helped me get 4th at nats in 2.2 but the pro-car33 is too small for a TXT IMO something like this would be betterhttp://www.quarkbrushless.com/pro_carcontrol_80b.htm
brushlessnut is offline   Reply With Quote