Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: best way to mount links ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2005, 05:34 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default best way to mount links ?

what is the best way to mount the links on jugg axles ? i tried making a servo link mount but it was really limiting my travel i did a search and all the pics i could find were showing txt axles witht the factory mounts on the top of the diff case any pics or help would be helpful
triaxmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2005, 10:38 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

the top links have mounts on the top of the axle. i just cut the bumper and used the mounts mounted on top of the axle where it would go with the bumper, does this make sence? i will try to get a pic
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:02 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

well looking at my axles there is nowhere to mount anything on top of the axle except for where the springs mounted originaly , not like the txt axles that have the two post sticking up on the top diff cover
Old 03-20-2005, 09:21 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

if anyone could help it would be apreciated (spelling) i have searched and saw a few pics but all seem to be txt axles with the mounts on the top case . does anyone here use jugg axles that donot have those mounts? i have tried mounting my links 3-4 different ways and kepp coming up off centered or have a binding problem
Old 03-20-2005, 12:31 PM   #5
2006 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by triaxmaster
if anyone could help it would be apreciated (spelling) i have searched and saw a few pics but all seem to be txt axles with the mounts on the top case . does anyone here use jugg axles that donot have those mounts? i have tried mounting my links 3-4 different ways and kepp coming up off centered or have a binding problem
Here's a link to a thread Etype R started, he fabbed his own alum mounts for servo and upper link mounts.
Starting to fab parts for the Jugg

To find this I typed in "Jugg Axle Mount" in the "SEARCH" window/tab. Just a tip to assist you in searching.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:55 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

the axles are the same, you just need the newer top piece. go to your local hobby store and just buy them, it will make life easier.
Shane
paranoid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:17 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Bender thanks i had read that thread already and i have searched for other pics of ways to mount the links . i tried that setup and with it i am geting binding from somewhere its not overtightened link ends . i apreciate the help though, i might just order the tops from tower my local hobby store sucks unless your into trains and planes . we have a hobbytown about 20 miles away but they have to order tamiya parts and act like its a pain for them if your not buying rc10 or maxx parts . think im going to try making a servo mount like this one and extend the mount around the back of the case then mount my links to a post on the back side of it and see if it works out ,,, http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5148/IMG_2948.jpg
Old 03-20-2005, 04:25 PM   #8
2006 2.2 National Champ

That should work, as long as the servo mount is thick enough.

I broke the top cap on one of my TXT axles, and I had to buy the whole axle assy parts tree to get it. I think it was around $20 for 1 tree, not a bad idea to have spare housings either. The part number in my TXT manual is #0005760.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:39 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

here is how i mounted the servo on my friends. its attached to the axle. and you can also see the link mounts.
paranoid56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:55 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER
That should work, as long as the servo mount is thick enough.

I broke the top cap on one of my TXT axles, and I had to buy the whole axle assy parts tree to get it. I think it was around $20 for 1 tree, not a bad idea to have spare housings either. The part number in my TXT manual is #0005760.
Well hopefully 1/8th " aluminum will be strong enough if not then ill try mounting the servos to the side of the diff on the axle. will have to mess with it tomorow night when i get some time