Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Need help with using Maxx wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 05:49 AM   #1

Default Need help with using Maxx wheels

I'm rebuilding my old Mudhen into a 14'r. I turned the tranny upside down, got rid of the canti's (but they were so pretty!) etc. I'll post pics when I get a bit farther along. I'm also going to dump the original TXT wheels that I narrowed....can't seem to get decent tires that fit the old rims.

I have a nice set of wheels from a T-Maxx that I'd like to use. They aren't the usual 14mm hexx drive though. They use the pin that goes through the axle that usually drives the hexx nut. There's a slot in the back of the wheel that fits on the pin.

Does anyone have an idea how I could convert my axle stubs to pin drive? Replace the TXT stubs with another type? I'd rather not try my skills at drilling the TXT stubs for the pin....tough to get the drill started well on a small round surface.

Thx for any suggestions.
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

not sure if any vendors here have any but, integy has some hardened clod/txt stub axles that are drilled for a pin, less than 20 bucks for a set, and no goofy splines to deal with if you want to drill your stock ones grind a small flat on it before you start to drill it, i drilled mine but i have access to a machine shop. plus they will be a little weaker with a hole in them.....i have broke 2 since i did that mod, something to think about....

Last edited by mrmaxxman; 06-26-2007 at 04:26 PM.
mrmaxxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
RCC Addict

another thought, the stock hex on mine looks liek brass with the splines. it may be possible to drill a couple of small holes in the face of the brass hex and insert axle pins that would fit in on edge line the mini-t wheel adapters for the mini-quake in the link. the ends of the pins go into the slots on the wheels.

http://duratrax.com/parts/dtxc7521.jpg
hairba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 06:41 PM   #4

Both are good ideas....thanks much for the help...I really appreciate it.
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:35 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I was trying to put maxx wheels with a 14mm hex on a truck with 12mm hexes, I found some 2.2 wheels with a 12mm hex, and screwd teh 2.2 into the back of the maxx wheel. It gave me a 12mm hex, and enough offset. I just had to drill out the axle hole on the maxx wheel enough to fit a nut driver through.
hairba11 is offline   Reply With Quote