Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: 2+2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2004, 01:08 PM   #1
AFJ
Pebble Pounder

Default 2+2

Ok ive read here that one motor will give same performance in crawling that two motors, and should provide similar run times, or longer even, so my thoughts are, due to fact im on tight budget is it good idea to take out one motor ( cover second hole) and get cheap ESC?? i think its great idea and should save me alot of cash, well temporarily. So what would be cheapest ESC you would say is good for me, i would take out one motor so turn limit is 27 . Thanks, tell me if its any good idea, i want to do it to start crawling as soon as possible, but dont have cash :( better with revers or brake??
AFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2004, 01:36 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 2+2

well if you plan on running one battery and one motor no less than 15 turns i think the best bang for the buck would have to be that novak xrs its REALLY small and holds up pretty well i have one in boat and it stays quite cool and pergforms very well you cant beat it for $50
firstumustcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 01:58 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Ya I agree, run a single motor and a Novak ESC. I"ve had awesome luck with the rooster( I haven't tried new Novak XRS yet) I've got a couple of them. And you'll definitely want reverse for crawling. I may try the XRS it is nice and small.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 05:08 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

personally its funny i have a super rooster but right now i have an old novak racer mega fet with no reverse i plan on using this till it burns up becuase with out reverse ill find the best lines so i can back out of things so its more a training thing but yeh the xrs i think is what ill be running in the tlt

also there is that futbaba one for like 60 but those things are small and last for about like a day or so lol
firstumustcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 07:00 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

A single motor like a Mag Mayhem & some sort of gear reduction along a regular rooster is a good combination. You should end up with a runtime around 30 minutes if using a single 2000mah NICD battery.

Joe
kona_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 01:04 AM   #6
AFJ
Pebble Pounder

i was thinking about cheaper ESC like under $50 but ill try to get cash for XSR, and single motor it wil be, thankis guy!! Now im almost happy,
AFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:01 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

how would a super rooster 2 motors and one pack?
would you wire the motors in series or parrallel?
i have a pair of P2K's but only want to use 1 battery at a time
Nish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 10:25 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Hi guys! I've got to agree with KonaJoe on this one. Single motor w/ gear reduction is a very good TXT setup. I just tried it, and I love it. If you can get a cheap Novak w/ reverse, go for it! A GD-600 reduction unit is around $20 with shipping, and installs in just a few minutes.
fullmodtxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2004, 04:13 PM   #9
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmodtxt
A GD-600 reduction unit....installs in just a few minutes.
It took me a liiiittle longer than that.
I enlarged the hole in the pinion as the output shaft on the GD600 is much larger.
Then the hole in the motor plate is too small, so I widdled away some plastic.
Then the counter sunk screw in the middle of the motor plate is covered, so a hole had to be drilled to screw it in.
Oh then I had to cut down the hex wrench to get it to fit to tighten down the motor.

I went back to the stock 540 motor from a Mag Mayhem reverse rotation (motor in back).
There's enough power with the reduction box though.

So, I agree with above, one motor, and a gear reduction = a long run time.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 12:04 AM   #10
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

I thought I read some where that the XRS did NOT work for a 540 motor in a 1/10 scale truck. I think it is only rated at 1/18 scale rc's.

I would check into it before you dump $50 into an ECS that will not work for your application.

I would go with the Novak Rooster if you want to spend very little money and get a great ESC.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 02:01 PM   #11