Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: My brother`s X mas present

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2005, 04:19 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default My brother`s X mas present

I want to make a crawler / basher out of a TXT 1 for my brother for X mas this year. When I find a good priced one on ebay, what should I do to it? I was thinking of keeping the stock motors and setting the truck up for an E maxx 2 speed tranny (to try to keep up with my X Factor ) What mods can I do to get a little more flex? Shouldn`t I try to swap out at least the rear driveshaft for a revo one? And what else do I need to cover? (Oh yeah, What tires would be best for all around duty? Neither of us like big rim looks .)
RampageFSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2005, 05:48 PM   #2
RCC Addict

i dont have a txt but get rid of the whole stock suspension setup if it comes with it. i would also try to extend the wheel base a lil bit. for wheels i would say either masher 2ks or swamp dawgs, not sure about rims.
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 06:56 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Umm, I think you mean the TLT if you're talking about putting 2.2 tires such as the mashers 2k's onto it. The TXT is pretty capable in stock form, with only a few mods being absolutely essential. If you are on a tight budget, lock the diffs with JB weld, ditch the swaybars, cut the body for clearance, swap the tires with either proline 40 series or use adapters to run maxx tires. Go with 55t lathe motors and you should still be under $100 easily.

Last edited by radishkid; 04-18-2005 at 06:58 PM.
radishkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:01 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by radishkid
Umm, I think you mean the TLT if you're talking about putting 2.2 tires such as the mashers 2k's onto it. The TXT is pretty capable in stock form, with only a few mods being absolutely essential. If you are on a tight budget, lock the diffs with JB weld, ditch the swaybars, cut the body for clearance, swap the tires with either proline 40 series or use adapters to run maxx tires. Go with 55t lathe motors and you should still be under $100 easily.

Pro-line 40 wheels and tires are over $100 by themselves.
slolx50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 09:40 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I told you guys that neither me or him like big wheel looks. I was thinking jumbo swamp dawgs or even swamp kongs if the axels can take it. And for all around bashing, I heard that the stock motors are great. (edit: AWW HALE NO!! I looked on www.thundertechracing.com like an issue of RC Driver said to find a pre built 2 speed tranny swap kit and I can`t find it! ) Does anybody know where to find a kit? I`d like to save time but I may have to make it anyways.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:33 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

jumbo kongs arent on big wheels the tires are just wider... therefore the jumbo rims are just wider...stupid really but make it easy to wrap the tread on a jumbo they look great on a 40 series rim

anyway tires huge tires are the kongs jumbo and swamp they are over 100 buck

you can get a set of 40 series moabs with rims on ebay for 60 or 70 bucks shipped.... other than that id say and lst on any rim you want maxx size of course or lst rims... either way that will require an adapter or some fancy footwork combing the txt rim to the maxx rim.... i do it all the time...but the 40 series definately require an adapter about 40 bucks shipped

youll also need two lathe motors... 40 bucks plus shipping

right now that about 110 minimum and 150 if you want to use adapters on the rims personaly id go with the moabs unless your gonna use it in the dirt and or mud a good amount then the lst work as the throw a lot more

if you extend it only slightly you can use revo or maxx shafts on one end instead of both... do this by only extending the rear(rear to keep wait forward) you should probably only need to extend it 1.5 to 2 inches to get a good crawler and still "bash" if you want to you can always go extreme ive seen 21+ but wouldnt recomend id say stay around 16 .....good luck your X-Factor is next
SuperDuty97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:45 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I`m planning on extending the rear on my X factor and I thought that I would probably do the same to the TXT 1. And enough is enough, I never said that I am working with a short budget ( at least I think I didn`t :neutral: ) just inexperience with electric trucks. That`s why I`m starting soo early. So don`t hold back because of that. And thanks for reminding me about LST tires I wanted to run those once.
Old 04-19-2005, 03:44 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Since this thread is a little more popular than my X Factor one I`ll ask this here, does anybody have experience with the Hotbodies Psycho tire that looks like a super swamper? And since I found a tire that matches my fullsize truck, does any companies make any full size jeep truck bodies out there?