Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: RC4wd 23mm adaptor barrel nut mfg issue?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 10:51 AM   #1

Default RC4wd 23mm adaptor barrel nut mfg issue?

I ordered 23mm adaptors for my txt a few days ago, and they just arrived. They are finely machined and are very light, but when I install the barrel nuts over the adaptor, they bottom out on the axle before fully locking in the adaptor. To be precise, there is about 5-8mm of play, allowing the adaptor to completely pull off the splined portion of the axle. I was not aware of any additional mods required to accept these adaptors, and I don't feel as though I should have to modify $60 adaptors just to get them to work. Does anyone know if there was a previous batch of adaptors with excessively long barrel nuts, or what the issue is here? lmk if pics would be helpful in understanding.
adanmtxt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
RCC Addict

You're sure you ordered the TXT version, and not the Clod? That's about the difference in axle length between longer TXT axles and the Clod version. If you received Clod barrel nuts, they'll be too long and bottom out just like yours are doing.

If the package says they're for the TXT, then a call/e-mail to RC4WD would be in order for them to correct the issue as you have the incorrect barrel nuts. They're usually pretty good about making things right so everything should turn out OK for you.
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Web Wheeling

I just use brass bushings to space the barrel nut out.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:58 AM   #4

Hey guys. I went to the TXT truck parts list, and purchased adaptors for the TXT. Either they mismachined, mispackaged, or misshipped, because the barrel nuts are too long.

But! I also have a Clod in stock condition, and I just swapped the axle half shafts out. The truck is now complete! It is certainly not a crawler, but I'm pleased with it. I'll post a couple pics in a bit. Thanks for the help though.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #5

If anyone is curious, I just came in from a run with adanmtxt1 in the snow. Here are some of my favorite pics of it in the snow I took. I also got a chance to run it, and its amazing. Here are my favorites:

There are more in that album if you're interested, and adanmtxt1 may post some too.

Last edited by |maniac|; 01-01-2008 at 01:52 PM. Reason: removed the doubles
|maniac| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #6

Aww snappaz. Just came back from an awesome bash session with my brother. Four wheel steering makes it so much more fun, and I re-installed a rear swaybar. Too much fun.

Last edited by adanmtxt1; 01-01-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #7

hax, tbh.