Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: CAC's A.L.B. Rover Sport

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default CAC's A.L.B. Rover Sport

I kinda jumped the gun with this project. It started out with wanting a CC-01 to being totally addicted to the little bastard! (hence...A.L.B.) I'll back-track a bit and give some credit to a great guy here on the board....wildcardco1998. He gave me a great deal on the CC-01 chassis and was a total pleasure to deal with. Not to mention that it arrived way sooner than expected! THANK YOU SIR!!! On with the build...

I tried messing around with the suspension a couple times and always ended up going back to the orignal setup. The stock links are a bit flimsy but they do just fine for my caliber of driving. I did however add a Venom 60t motor and used the stock 16 tooth pinion. I ran for well over 2 hours maybe closer to 3 hours on one 4400mah battery. (2+ hours of trail-running fun)

I do plan to do more work to it such as upgrading the front suspension components to aluminum and throwing in some universals to replace the dogbones. I've jabbered too much and will now inject the pics.....

Here it is with some HPI TE-37's (6mm offset) wheels

The 3Racing winch mounted right up to the front of the chassis. I need to add some protection to it because I beat it up pretty bad on the trails. Oh...one more thing....I am using a JR XS3 radio with the winch on the 3rd channel. I'm using the linear setting on the radio. I found that I could control the winch MUCH better after I replaced the stock winch control with a Losi ESC from a MRC.

Everything is pretty stock under there with the exception of the longer drive shaft. It will be replaced with a traxxas slider soon. My braizing job looks like I just wiped boogers all over a piece of metal. Anyone want me to make them a tuber????....come on....I won't use real boogers....It will just look like I did.....maybe I could name it the "Booger Toober". (what the hell is wrong with me......!!!)

can't remember if I posted this pic yet....

Here it is after I mounted a sweet set of CAC BAMF-1R's on it. Who ever makes these wheels is super cool and will probably become the president some day....(president of what?....I have no idea but it will probably have something to do with the sewer plant down the road)

One more thing....The "FUBAR" stickers on the side have a really cool meaning. I have this thing going with a couple people here on the board. We throw a bunch of crap in a box and send it back and forth. I opened the box and there was some super cool stuff in there. The stickers happened to be in there along with some other cool stuff. Thank you sir....(you know who you are)....I am working on "the box" and when it's ready I will send it on it's way. WoooHooo!!!!

peace out homies....
-Troy

Last edited by createacrawler; 04-22-2009 at 08:48 AM.
createacrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Looks great, and they are addicting little bastards. I love mine.
hellbentrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

looks great Troy. I like you NOW you're making a wheel that looks like the oem one (albeit with a few less spokes)...back when I was building mine I tried to get you to make this wheel for this body. damn you, lol.
Anyway, you see what I did to my spare body?
charcoal...

Yours looks great. they are fun little chassis, arent they?
1.7's look great on there too...*hint, hint*
p-
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:56 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Pablo....dude....you gotta stop doing this!!! I liked the orange color but now I'm really digging the charcoal. I'm thinking I might try my hand at white. DAMN YOU!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

wow if you like that, you would really like a charcoal silverado

looking good.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:12 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Nice work Troy!!
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 10:16 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Here's a quick vid:

http://www.hobbyzip.com/videos/832/c...ver-sport.html
Old 04-25-2009, 08:34 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

You guys gotta check out my "Trippy" video. Orignally I planned to go hang with the UTRCRC guys for their "Ultimate Scale Adventure" today but I had to stay close to home. So, I went on my own adventure. Let me know what you think of the vid

here it is:
http://www.hobbyzip.com/videos/834/c...28vid2%29.html
Old 04-25-2009, 10:57 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Sweet ride. I to am working on a CC01 chassis..one question I have, you said your running a XS3 radio by JR Racing? and your using your wench through the3rd channel and the linear setting?? can you show pics of your wench and stuff. I want to put a wench on mine but can't figure out the 3rd channel, I can only get it to run on 2 position, a wench needs 3..right?

can't wait to see your rig some more..I can't find a body I like yet...
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:20 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
Sweet ride. I to am working on a CC01 chassis..one question I have, you said your running a XS3 radio by JR Racing? and your using your wench through the3rd channel and the linear setting?? can you show pics of your wench and stuff. I want to put a wench on mine but can't figure out the 3rd channel, I can only get it to run on 2 position, a wench needs 3..right?

can't wait to see your rig some more..I can't find a body I like yet...

Go in and set up the 3rd channel to be linear. Then you can use the rocker switch to jog the 3rd channel position back and forth. "0" is off and +/-40 is forward/reverse. Be sure to turn down and get closer to 0 as the winch hook approaches the fairlead. That's the downside to using the "hokey" channel. You can't just stop the channel/winch immediatly. Hope this helps
Old 04-26-2009, 10:34 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

K will try that. was hoping someone on here ripped into one and has a mod with a switch.
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:37 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

It looked better when I had it. JK. It looks great, Keep up the good work. And those wheels look killer on there. If I ever get another CC01 I will have to get a set from you.
wildcardco1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:52 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by createacrawler View Post
Pablo....dude....you gotta stop doing this!!! I liked the orange color but now I'm really digging the charcoal. I'm thinking I might try my hand at white. DAMN YOU!!!
You'll always have better wheels than me...

pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantablo View Post
You'll always have better wheels than me...

He "May" have better wheels. But you always have the best tires.
wildcardco1998 is offline   Reply With Quote