Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: cc01 upgrade ???????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default cc01 upgrade ???????

I am torn between the cc01 wrangler and the scx-10.

i think the $$$ wise and the light kit with the cc01 rocks.

i want beadlocks and was wondering if i would need 1.9 or 2.2 and if the stock tires would work on beads

does anyone know if the proline ambush body would fit?

does anyone know if these fit in the 1.9 comp category?
brasseagle6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasseagle6 View Post
The CC-01 is a great rig. Fun to drive and pretty scale performance but limited on how far you can push it.

The SCX is a comp rig in disguise. It has great scale looks especially with the Hand Brothers steering kit. It'll allow you to have a killer scale rig that if you decide to go fast, it'll handle it. If you want to go slow over huge rocks, it'll do it. It's a do-all rig. The SCX also can look good with either 1.9 tires/wheels or even 2.2 tires/wheels. It's built to handle it.

Quote:
Too bad a YJ never had IFS though

Quote:
i want beadlocks and was wondering if i would need 1.9 or 2.2 and if the stock tires would work on beads
Stock CC-01 tires suck ass. Hard as rocks and make Imex tires look like comp winners. The SCX comes with M2 Flatirons and even though M2 isn't as good as the G8 compound, they still work really well.

Quote:
It'll fit the SCX. The CC-01 rig wheelbase is a bit too short I believe, plus when did a Scout come with IFS?

Quote:
The SCX is too big for the class, wheelbase and width. The CC-01 wouldn't even have a freaking chance in the comp class, it's not a comp rig or even based from a comp rig family. The CC-01 has been around for a long time and is built for fun and looks.

Sounds like you will be needing to buy at least 3 rigs. CC-01, SCX and a MRC to run in the comp class.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 01:07 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I know, I know...I'm just pimpin' my video, lol. BUT, it does show what a mostly stock cc-01 can do.
its on the long wheel base setting (cc-01 chassis comes with holes for two wb settings although the driveshafts are specific to one or the other. Pajero and wrangler come set for the short, 9.5" wb. The Touareg uses the 10.5" wb. I set mine up on 10.5 and swapped in a traxxas driveshaft.
Other things done to this are: servo relocated to eliminate the slop in the stock steering, chassis lift and sticky tires (that I made). [edit: forgot I also have a 4:1 gear reduction unit]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UogTzNpy49A

Quote:

The cc-01 and scx are two different animals. True, the scx is nearly a comp crawler and every one I've seen in person has been a top performer. exceptionally good kit.
cc-01 stock tires arent very good. you'll want to change them. beadlocks will work on either one.
dunno about the ambush body but at 10.5" wb it might fit. someone will have to confirm.
dunno about scale comp stuff.

I think the cc-01 is a very capable rig. not quite as capable as an scx but my video shows that with a little tweaking it is very good. the scx is exceptional out of the box.

personally, this cc-01 is the first I've had and I intend to sell one of my other rigs to fund a second cc-01.

Last edited by pantablo; 05-12-2009 at 01:15 AM.
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
RCC Addict

you can also make your own links to get any wheelbase you want out of the cc-01

I have one I put leaf springs in the rear with an 8.5" wb, and another with 4 link stretched out to 11"

11" starts getting a little long, the unibody chassis/IFS start to be a hangup.
hairba11 is offline   Reply With Quote