Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: CC01 Electrical Questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default CC01 Electrical Questions

I am relatively new to the RC scene and even newer to the scale scene. I recently purchased a Pajero and finshed assembling it. Working on the paint and body right now, and want to get my electrical needs sorted out before I am done. I did a little research and this is what I am thinking of using. Traxxas High Torque Servo 630079, Traxxas TQ2 or TQ3 radio with reviever. Any thoughts on these selections? I am also not sure what ESC to use with these. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
FuriousCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
On the lookout for Rocks

any Forward/Reverse ESC will work fine. It just all depends on your budget.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I was just looking through my box of parts and it looks like the kit came with a ESC. So servo, radio/ receiver/ battery pack and charger is what I need.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousCal View Post
I was just looking through my box of parts and it looks like the kit came with a ESC. So servo, radio/ receiver/ battery pack and charger is what I need.
the esc that it comes with has a reverse-delay, which can actually get pretty annoying. my cc01 is currently not functional, but i think i'm going to throw a sidewinder in there when it's a runner again.
khj94704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

So basically you have to come to a full stop before you hit reverse? Or is it worst than that?
Old 07-09-2009, 04:08 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

worse than that. you push the trigger to go reverse and nothing happens for a second or two. then it goes backwards. Most of the time its just an annoyance. Sometimes it means the difference your rig going over the edge and falling to its death or not, lol. rarely though.

all cheaper esc's are going to have a reverse delay. if you can afford a sidewinder or something on that magnitude ($75 and up) then definitely do it. If not, you'll be no better or worse than what you have now.

Quote:
So servo, radio/ receiver/ battery pack and charger is what I need.
correct. The servo you chose seems fine to me. its not a particularly strong one but I'm over that on scale trucks as mine run fine with regular servos. There may be times you could use a stronger servo, but not often.
the TQ2 or TQ3 are both fine radios. I have a few different ones including a TQ3 on my rigs and works well. The TQ3 is better in that you have the option to run a winch or lights later on using the 3rd channel.

enjoy!
pantablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

The esc that comes with the losi mini crawler works really good (has a great drag brake also). I have one in my Pajero and one in my Wrangler. I'm running 75t motors in both rigs. I got both of my losi esc's in the For Sale section for $20.
sgil2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgil2001 View Post
The esc that comes with the losi mini crawler works really good (has a great drag brake also). I have one in my Pajero and one in my Wrangler. I'm running 75t motors in both rigs. I got both of my losi esc's in the For Sale section for $20.

Do u ship to Singapore? LOL
jinspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for all the info guys!