Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Painfull moments...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Painfull moments...

This was supposed to be my CC-01 build/tech thread. I've owned over 40 different Tamiya rigs since '83, and was excited about this re-release. When they went away last month, I had to snatch one up.

I got one out of Hong Kong finally,,,and this is what happens when you put your faith in USPS.. I know, I know, nobody's perfect, but this seems to happen quite a bit anymore......

I can fix it. But it still hurts. I tried to file a claim, and they said that since it's not in production anymore that I'd have to give up the whole kit and they would just refund my money. eh?? I got bent and said, "What makes you think you have a right to my item? I paid you for a shipping service. I didn't buy this from you." Well, she just looked at me.
Anyway, just had to vent a little. I was really looking forward to this being a pleasant build for my son.

Last edited by NeroWolfe; 10-31-2009 at 12:52 PM. Reason: fix the pic link
NeroWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
RCC Addict

That really does suck bro! I say get another body to replace that one. Then you can hack the one USPS started on!
chino438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Thanks Chino..I did just that. Luckily RPP had one. Should be here in a few days. I used to be such a "stocker" when it came to building them, but i've become more bold lately. Got several in the works.. all of them Mini-me's of my 1:1's Hopefully will be posting threads up soon in the 1.9 section. Then this one's next. I think the little guy will have fun building it with me.
NeroWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

USPS... Don't get me started.. I've been waiting over 2 damn weeks for a package from ckrc that i paid express postage for...

I'm about to rage hard.
Junkz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:15 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkz0r View Post
USPS... Don't get me started.. I've been waiting over 2 damn weeks for a package from ckrc that i paid express postage for...

I'm about to rage hard.
i would raise hell! make them refund all of your shipping costs!
kronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:37 AM   #6

sad to see this after a long waiting
cricco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:11 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Quote:

I'm about to rage hard.
Overseas shipping is NOT USPS's fault. After your package leaves the USA, it is in the hands of YOUR local postal service. Customs and and YOUR shipping service is probably the problem. Carriers like UPS and FEDEX will handle shipping all the way through to delivery.

FYI, I live just south of CKRC in the same state. I have had orders get to me in one full weeks time. In comparison, I have ordered from Tower Hobbies, who has a shipping center in Reno, NV (where CKRC is located), and it gets to me NEXT day without paying for upgraded shipping service. Getting your product on time starts with the hobby shop!!!

Last edited by difflocker; 11-01-2009 at 07:15 AM.
difflocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:23 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Damn that sucks to see. That's why I over-pack stuff when I ship it. Just to be safe.

I've had a few broken things from USPS. The worst was a rare LP that came smashed into pieces. It was like someone shot an arrow through it. They basically told me to "get f***ed" when I tried to file a claim.

There is no such thing as fragile when it comes to postage.

Good luck with the build
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #9

Default what

that sucks man
[707]KRU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

I'm about to rage hard.
Take it up with CKRC before you blame USPS, CKRC service sucks donkey balls! I waited 3 weeks for a part once that I paid Priority for. Their reply email said they shipped it out 2 weeks earlier, but the shipping able said it was shipped 3 days before it arrived. I can understand being late on shipping if you are busy and short handed, but don't feed me a line of bullshit about it. They lost a future customer only for their lies.
blackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote