Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Im starting not to like my cc-01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Im starting not to like my cc-01

This thing hasnt been ran in a month practically. Partially, because it wasn't broken but i was waiting on new tires and a motor (1 week).Then when i got the tires and motor i realized i needed new gears (1 week) Now i realized my pinion is wore down to no other (1 week). None of my other pinions wear down on my brushless rusty.. but whatever

can i use this pinion ? http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...RP1116&click=3

or should i use this? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGJ67&P=7

or - http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Robinson-...s-p-16996.html

i want someplace with FAST shipping. its gonna be frozen outside before i ever get this stuff

Last edited by traxxas4fun; 11-28-2009 at 07:58 PM.
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #2
RCC Addict

If you have worn down your pinion and your gears, are you sure you are using the correct pitch pinion?
renoirbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

i think so, its is the original one from the package, or so i was told. i bought this from a friend, and he gave me the original pinion. it looks like the one in the manual. i also need a new motor mount, the little plastic thingy that stick in the hole on the bottom side broke, bit i think its fine.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

As long as it's a metric pinion, your all right. It sounds like you got a trashed CC-01 from the start. With the gears worn out and the pinion worn. But if you already have the plastic gears and new tires and rims, sounds like your gonna be alright. The tower gears are AV gears and I'm almost positive they are direct replacements.
As to getting them quick, do you have a local hobby shop that can get them? If you gave them the part number? Either way, don't judge it based on what has happened before you really get to see what it can do. Buying used can sometimes mean your buying someone elses problems.
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:16 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

my lhs doesnt have the 16t metric 48 pitch, when i called. but im going to go their and look anyway because sometimes they dont look real hard..

i think i got an ok deal on it, i trade a 4600 motor and 20 bucks. for a rtr jero (minus rx) and 3 batteries. i just wish my body still had the fender flares and running boards
Old 11-28-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

most hobby stores unknowing to their customers, order parts from tower hobbies. I'm positive that if you went in with the part number from tamiya could order the part. unless they are just really lazy. Hobby stores have Tons of suppliers. They can and will even ebay parts on occasion. They might not let you know that though. I'd have the three part numbers you listed above and go to the store and ask if they can order the parts for you. Heck, even E-bay them yourself and see if they are cheaper.

ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robinson-Racing-...item5ad4755686

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Tamiya-50354...item439b3e831f

I reread your first post and it seems shipping time is a concern. Remember, as Christmas gets closer, shipping time is more than likely gonna increase

Last edited by hvydty1; 11-28-2009 at 10:13 PM.
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

i used to go to my hobby shop for anything and everything i needed. 98% of the time they didnt have it. so i would get them to order it and have to wait almost 2 weeks for the part so not only was it more expensive than ordering off line it also took a week longer. So after making a few comments on how long it took to get parts they hung up on me this past wednesday when i tried to get them to order me a HPI 5B. so friday they were having a big sale so i went up there and none of those A-holes would even look at me. So i walked out emptied handed even tho they had a 5b for 820$.

But back to your issues with parts have you looked on rpp?tcs crawlers? I dont know if they would, but try thetoyz.com i get packages from them in 2 days and they are on the west coast and im on the east.
rockmahala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:54 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Let me save you some effort.... Sell me your CC-01 as I need another to mod.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:45 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

i found one on tcscrawlers.com, how is their shipping? i can use any 16t metric pinion right?
Old 11-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #10
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxxas4fun View Post
i found one on tcscrawlers.com, how is their shipping? i can use any 16t metric pinion right?
Just buy it and be done with it. TCS is a good store. The CC-01 is a great little RC and if your friend sold you a beat up RC then how is it the CC-01's fault? Repair it and run it and next time you see your firend shoe him in da nutz.

Yes a 16T metric pinion is right.
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:47 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

no, the cc-01 wasnt worn down from him,i used it for a few weeks before it got worn down..

at the lhs today i bought a 16t .6mod pinion... which is what my cc-01 manual says.. and now forward works fine but, backwards makes a horrible noise, but my mount is broke kinda.

on the motor mount, the little plastic piece that goes into the chassis broke- http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TAMIYA-CC-01...item483781831a
Old 11-29-2009, 07:14 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
my mount is broke kinda.

on the motor mount, the little plastic piece that goes into the chassis broke- http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-TAMIYA-CC-01...item483781831a
That's probably why you are blowing up gears. Also, check all the screws or get longer ones for the entire gear set cover. Mine was skipping around, but then I got longer screws and it's been smooth since.
pardonmyn00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:17 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

well i broke that piece as i was putting the gears in -.-... and i use long bolts with nuts on them
Old 11-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #14
I joined the Band!

This isnt rocket science, if your running the truck with a borken motor mount then no wonder your burning up the gears. Replace the broken motor mount and any gears that are damaged, make sure your have properly lubes the gears, and tightened everything up and it should work fine unless your using the wrong pinion and its eating up the gears.

Last edited by grimgard; 11-30-2009 at 11:32 AM.
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:28 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimgard View Post
This isnt rocket science, if your running the truck with a borken motor mount then no wonder your burning up the gears. Replace the broken motor mount and any gears that are damaged, make sure your have properly lubes the gears, and tightened everything up and it should work fine unless your using the wrong pinion and its eating up the gears.
you guys dont read do you? i said i broke the mount as i was putting in the new gears.. i didnt know if the broken piece made that big of a difference so i tried it and it didnt work
Old 11-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
you guys dont read do you? i said i broke the mount as i was putting in the new gears.. i didnt know if the broken piece made that big of a difference so i tried it and it didnt work
I'm not understanding how you could break the mount. Unless you put it in a vise and bent it...or took some cutters to it. Most Tamiya rigs are almost "snap together" like builds. You might be the first ever to break a non-moving part that doesn't do anything but locate the motor.

I think your lack of patience is what is making it harder for you. Can you post a picture of what exactly is broken? And I still can't figure out how you managed to "wear down" a metal pinion gear. Even on my brushless rigs that run in the sand without a gear cover haven't worn down a pinion gear.... Actually I think I have NEVER worn down a pinion gear in the 23 years I've been playing with RC cars.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:14 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

i thought it was impossible to wear down a pinion too. ive ran the same pinion in my brushless rustler for a year.. its fine, i guess its these tamiya pinions..
i cant get a good pic of the pinion..

here is what the mounts suppose to look like-

notice the two little black things that stick out on each end? well one goes into the chassis and the other goes into the top plate, and well the one that goes into the chassis on my mount broke..

mine
Old 11-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

How did they "break"? I think that is what I'm trying to figure out. Only way I see that they could have "broke" is if you cut them off thinking that they were flashing material from the molds.

Also, are you setting up the pinion depth correctly before reassembling everything?
Old 11-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

idk how they broke they just did.. there little stubs and they were probably week, and about the pinion depth, you cant change how far/close it is to the spur.. but the pinion was in the middle of the spur..
Old 11-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
idk how they broke they just did.. there little stubs and they were probably week, and about the pinion depth, you cant change how far/close it is to the spur.. but the pinion was in the middle of the spur..
idk? Is that some sort of texting thing?

So you have a broken part... get a new one before running the car again. Then, assemble and have fun.