Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: gear combo's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #1

Default gear combo's

question for those who run it slow.. i currently run a 55t with a 2 to 1 gru with high quality six and 7 cell packs. i do about 50 percent crawl so i need more rpms and less wheel speed on obstacles than i currently have, but on the trail sometimes i need my jeep to go atleast walking speed. would a 45t motor and a 4 to 1 be better or do i need like a 35t or 27t with the 4 to 1 gru. thanks advanced!!
rhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

I like mine with the 45-turn, 4:1 and 3 cell. Seems to have great low speed control and decent top speed. With this combo I break front axles pretty often.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:44 PM   #3

i've read about your axle destruction lol. if you run a 45t 1 to 4 with a 3c then the equivalent might be a 35t with 6/7 nimh with a 1 to 4 gru.
rhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowe View Post
i've read about your axle destruction lol. if you run a 45t 1 to 4 with a 3c then the equivalent might be a 35t with 6/7 nimh with a 1 to 4 gru.
I broke axles when running the heavy stick packs and the small 7 cell 2/3A packs. I think I have broken fewer axles with the lipo, less weight and easier to get the rig to pop over things.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowe View Post
question for those who run it slow.. i currently run a 55t with a 2 to 1 gru with high quality six and 7 cell packs. i do about 50 percent crawl so i need more rpms and less wheel speed on obstacles than i currently have, but on the trail sometimes i need my jeep to go atleast walking speed. would a 45t motor and a 4 to 1 be better or do i need like a 35t or 27t with the 4 to 1 gru. thanks advanced!!
I run mine slow and fast and its all in your ESC In my opinion. I have mine set up with a 55T Novak motor and a Novak Rooster Crawler ESC with the stock pinon and a 6 Cell battery and I have the best of both worlds.

I can go super slow and over anything and super fast (much faster than walking speed)

I would ditch the GRU and use throttle colntrol to go slow and fast and let the ESC do the work.
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimgard View Post
I run mine slow and fast and its all in your ESC In my opinion. I have mine set up with a 55T Novak motor and a Novak Rooster Crawler ESC with the stock pinon and a 6 Cell battery and I have the best of both worlds.

I can go super slow and over anything and super fast (much faster than walking speed)

I would ditch the GRU and use throttle colntrol to go slow and fast and let the ESC do the work.
Same setup on mine and I would not change a thing, goes faster than I want to walk on the trail but it has the same low end control as my 55T and Axial tranny scaler. I agree that the ESC makes a huge difference.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote