Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: thinking about getting a cc-01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default thinking about getting a cc-01

well ive been crawling for a few years now,got my losi cmp crawler and i was thinking about one of these cc-01 rigs.also thinking about the scx10.i have some experience with the scx10 but not the cc-01,can it crawl,are there problems with it,where is the cheapest place to get one?thanks for any advice guys
nitrorube is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

i have a cc-01. i just got it this late fall, its a fun little rig.. But the problems in my eyes are - not many body options, kinda small compared to other scalers,parts are harder to get because its tamiya..

they are used more for scaling then crawling

traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 07:30 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrorube View Post
well ive been crawling for a few years now,got my losi cmp crawler and i was thinking about one of these cc-01 rigs.also thinking about the scx10.i have some experience with the scx10 but not the cc-01,can it crawl,are there problems with it,where is the cheapest place to get one?thanks for any advice guys
I guess the first question you need to ask yourself is what do I want the truck to do? The Scx is a better "crawler", but if you are looking for a good scale truck than either would be a good choice. The CC-01 is a blast to drive and you can set it up for a slow crawl or high speed depending on the motor and esc you choose. They have been around for a long time and they hold up well. Parts are a little harder to find but they can be found online. My CC-01 will always be with me just because of what it is and how much fun you can have in a cheap package, they do crawl well and they look very scale IMO.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

If you plan on building a scale rig who's 1:1 counterpart is IFS, the CC01 is your only options.

These things are bomb proof. They're great trail trucks and great for mild crawlng..They aren't comp crawlers, but neither is the SCX10.
rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:59 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

i just want it to do some mild crawling on rocks not at all what i would do with my losi comp,thanks for the info,i think i will be ordering one,anything i need to order with it,it needs bearings right?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
i just want it to do some mild crawling on rocks not at all what i would do with my losi comp,thanks for the info,i think i will be ordering one,anything i need to order with it,it needs bearings right?
It doesnt need bearings but its a good upgrade. I would say the best thing you could do for the truck when you order it is to get new tires. THe facotry tires are like hard rubber, almost plastic, and done grip on anything. You need to look for smaller OD tires. I use the RC4WD dirt grabbers on mine. Here is a link to my build Soon to be owner
For the stock ride hight I would use tires that are less than 4 inches. The dirt grabbers and mud thrashers from RC4WD would work, so would the proline Chisel tires but they dont look to scale.
neoakaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
0 0

bearings aren't a necessity but they are pretty cheap so you might as well before you build it then change your mind. depending on how much crawling you want it to do expect to get a really high turn motor or a GRU. i like the GRU as it gives it great drag break effect without having the pricey ESC
romulus22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:08 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

well its on its way,should get it soon cant wait,just 2 more things-i have a 55 turn will that be ok and will 1.9 flat irons fit on stock wheels,thanks for all the help guys
Old 12-15-2009, 09:30 AM   #9

yes the 55t motor will be ok,
the flat iron will fit on the stock wheels but you may have a lot of trimming on the body because FI are very big as 1.9 tyres.
cricco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Yea the flatirons need alot ot trimming to fit. Ill go take a pic of my Jeep with the flat irons for reference.

Here you go, im not sure what body you are using but for the Jeep body and im sure the Pajero body will both need some trimming. The flatirons dont rub when on a flat surface but to get any flex what so ever you will need to trim. Doesnt look like you will need to on the chassis to much, if at all, but the body does.

Last edited by neoakaj; 12-15-2009 at 02:42 PM.
neoakaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:59 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

i wouldn't even think about getting a cc-01...

i would just do it.
slap a 55T motor and decent speed controller and your good to go.
there is also a cool set of tires on evilbay that are under 4".

here's a pic of my bro snax and i.

crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:36 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I secound the 55t and a good speed control, great combo. For the tires I would recomend the 1.55's from RC4WD, here is my Wrangler with the white steely wheels and Mud Thrashers, no suspension lift and very little rub at full flex.
Attached Images

fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #13
I joined the Band!

Get it! 1.9's work great too!

grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:28 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

i got the kit today in the mail today and will start putting it together right now,when i get it all done i will post some pictures,thanks for all the help guysthe stock tires are like plastic and will not suit me,i may go with some mini claws or the other mini tires that my hobby shop has for the mini rock crawler for now,thanks again
Old 12-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Here are some simple and dirt cheap mods to do to it, it help it trail and clear obstructions 100x better then stock.

Blackfoots CC01 Project with Some simple DIY Mods

The sky is the limit with these little trucks. You can go stock or wild with them. Here are my 2 CC01's.

Build Thread
The MAN!

Video of them both performing and a few of my other trucks as well. All the scalers in the video are mine.

blackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:06 PM   #16
I joined the Band!

Quote:
i got the kit today in the mail today and will start putting it together right now,when i get it all done i will post some pictures,thanks for all the help guysthe stock tires are like plastic and will not suit me,i may go with some mini claws or the other mini tires that my hobby shop has for the mini rock crawler for now,thanks again
RC4WD is the place to get your rims and tires!
grimgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:24 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

check that famous auction site and look for 1.9 land rover defender tires..
they are 96 mm, and the almost similar tread pattern as a very popular scale tire.

i run RC4WD slingers, my brother runs the OG trail doc's.
crunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:47 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Love this truck, I have two. One I'm doing up as a Grand Cherokee and the other a Wrangler. A lot of us have used different bodies and maybe, hopefully, Tamiya will re-release the Isuzu.
JKJim is offline   Reply With Quote