Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: reversing?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default reversing?

Got a quick question for the gurus out there. I recently traded for a used cc01 and finally have it running. Both axles are locked, but when I reverse, the front wheels are not powered at all, in fact, they are free spinning. I have torn the gear set apart, and know where the freeness is coming from, but what i want to know is, is this normal and can I have 4wd reverse?
mmbackpacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbackpacker View Post
Got a quick question for the gurus out there. I recently traded for a used cc01 and finally have it running. Both axles are locked, but when I reverse, the front wheels are not powered at all, in fact, they are free spinning. I have torn the gear set apart, and know where the freeness is coming from, but what i want to know is, is this normal and can I have 4wd reverse?

Need pics........ if both axles are locked then it should be 4wd forwards and backwards unless someone has installed a one way locker system ? How is the front diff locked ?
SMUDGEBUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

front diff is locked by moving one of the spider gears in between the two others. I just took it apart today and removed the hot glue that was in there but had no change in the free wheeling. Is the supposed to be aone way bearing somewhere in the gears?
Old 03-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Does it have bushings or bearings? The front pulls when you go forward? It sounds like you have something worn and when you reverse, the gears seperate and you loose the front end. I'd check the bearings/bushings for slop on the shafts the gears ride on. Or your gear case top is not fully tightened down. I have never heard of a 1 way bearing in a CC-01.
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:46 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvydty1 View Post
Does it have bushings or bearings? The front pulls when you go forward? It sounds like you have something worn and when you reverse, the gears seperate and you loose the front end. I'd check the bearings/bushings for slop on the shafts the gears ride on. Or your gear case top is not fully tightened down. I have never heard of a 1 way bearing in a CC-01.

I cant see why it would always work going forward and never in reverse ? The gears will move either way and to do it full time is just weird I could see it doing it every now and then. The one way lockers are real old school they werent designed for the CC-01 but do work, the chances of finding one are very slim now.

Its not a one way bearing its a one way locker like some drift cars have.

I have 8 of these rigs and never experienced this problem before, as the above says check for slop or whatever else could be worn. It has to be disengadgement of something.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Does it make any noises apart from the normal noise is reverse ?

Does it even try to engage in 4WD when reversing or is it just permanently in 2WD reversing only ?
Old 03-08-2010, 12:31 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I saw a center diff as an option at one time maybe that's whats up.
Found it I bet you have one of these. http://www.tamiya-model.com/shop/tam...wd-p-4375.html

Last edited by BLUEJEEP; 03-08-2010 at 12:35 AM.
BLUEJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEEP View Post
Found it I bet you have one of these. http://www.tamiya-model.com/shop/tam...wd-p-4375.html

Bingo, thats the part that I found wasn't working how I expected! Never would have thought it'd be a tamiya hop up that is the problem. Thanks a million BlueJeep! Now, does anyone want to buy a good, used torque splitter unit?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEJEEP View Post

My bad, thats the part I was thinking not a one way locker . Glad you managed to find out the problem bro.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Got to admit, that's new to me. Never would have thought it would have had something like that. Not a CC-01.
hvydty1 is offline   Reply With Quote