Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Cornholio's Pajero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #1

Talking Cornholio's Pajero

Saw the cool things people where doing with their CC/XC's and had to have one myself...

Ordered some hop-ups with it, ball-bearings, GPM Steering kit & black steering knuckels:

As well as some GPM cvd's:

Steering set mounted:

Unfortunately I notice a lot of slop in the steering set-up, will have to get this fixed (tips welcome of course )...

Also popped in the CR-Tuned 35T motor I had lying around (is still way to fast) in combination with the standard ESC (for now):

As a servo I've got a HS-625MG installed (got rid of the TowerPro from the picture)... still have to get me an alu servo-arm for it, at the moment the standard servo-saver is installed.

Of course front & rear diffs are locked...

Would like to get some other wheels/tyres, haven't decided which to get yet. Thinking about the 1.55 Mud Thrashers.

Still has to get painted as well but can't decide on the colours, don't want the standard box-art look either...

Last edited by Cornholio; 05-04-2010 at 05:15 AM.
Cornholio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Looks good!
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:26 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

nice setup
tpliquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:45 AM   #4

Shaved my C-hubs as well... I think I've got all the free mods covered now.
Next up is a higher-torque motor, another esc, a 4-link and some new wheels & tyres, as soon as there's budget available again :p

Not happy with the GPM steering set, a LOT of slop, I can move my wheels 5 to 7 mm (without the servo-horn moving).
Any help / tips to fix this are welcome...

Last edited by Cornholio; 05-05-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #5

take it apart and make sure its put together right.. and use loctite. i say this cause it took me a time or two to get it right. and once i did everything had loosened up. after i secured everything its a 100% improvement..
rhowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:48 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowe View Post
take it apart and make sure its put together right.. and use loctite. i say this cause it took me a time or two to get it right. and once i did everything had loosened up. after i secured everything its a 100% improvement..
X2

Use thread locker and check every screw is well tightened. I have only a few mm of slop in the wheel that is not directly connected to the main steering shaft.

Mud Trashers are great tires!!!

I think you are missing a couple smaller bearings in your set...

EDIT: Like the one on the pinion shaft in this pic:

Last edited by tHeo; 05-06-2010 at 12:52 AM.
tHeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #7

Haven't started taking the steering set apart yet... will get it done one of these days...
Anyone has some good pictures of the assembled set, 'cause I remember there was no instruction with it so I "guessed" on how it should come together.

Well, Mud Trashers where (and still are) my first choice I wanted to get the 1.55, are they a direct fit under the Pajero?
And do you guys put foams in them...?

All bearings where accounted for, the smaller ones where hidden in the bigger ones

Ps: I always use threadlock where applicable

Last edited by Cornholio; 05-10-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:20 AM   #8

Finally decided on the color's:

Old 06-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #9
RCC Addict

How do you like the GPM steering mod? DOes it reduce the slop? Nice choice for color, I just painted mine light sand.
BGGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:22 AM   #10

Thanks, took me a while to choose... I wanted a retro look. Now I need to get it actually painted, that's going to be something else since I have zero painting-skills.

I also made up my mind for a purpose for this car, this one will become a (capable) scale trail'er.

About the GPM steering kit, as mentioned before, I have a lot of slop in it. But it might be a user error (I hope), will have to take it back out and check it...

Could use some other tires as well, need to get into the classifieds
Old 06-04-2010, 02:09 AM   #11

Worked out some color schemes, can't really decide...
What do you guys think?

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4

Option 5

Option 6

Of course all the lights, doorhandles, ... will get a color as well, will put black wheels under it and some scale stuff. Should eventually look as a trial'er
Let me know what you think
Old 06-04-2010, 07:59 AM   #12

Opt 4
DUsoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

I like #4 the best too.

Fran
Big Fran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #14

I'm thinking nr 5 myself...
Old 06-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Yea I like 4 or 5. I was going to do mine similar to #5 but the roof would be flat black to match the rest of my black but I didn't get around to taping it off.
BGGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #16

Okay, was about to start with the primer, but figured I don't need that ugly antenna hole in the roof so I want it closed. Only problem is that I haven't got a clue on how to do this (don't laugh, it's my first hardshell :p). I got a tube of Tamiya Putty, I suppose this does the trick but how should I do this? What are the steps?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #17
I wanna be Dave

Subscribed...been thinking about picking up the Mog CC-01 so this may twist my arm just a bit more

I dig option 3, the charcoal pops the rest of the body colors
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
Okay, was about to start with the primer, but figured I don't need that ugly antenna hole in the roof so I want it closed. Only problem is that I haven't got a clue on how to do this (don't laugh, it's my first hardshell :p). I got a tube of Tamiya Putty, I suppose this does the trick but how should I do this? What are the steps?
I used Squadron Green putty for my Hilux cab...the Tamiya putty should work just as well, if not better.

Squadron also makes a tool for this application which I picked up with the putty and I have to say, it made the job very easy:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFP40&P=7

I applied some putty to the flat blade of the tool, laid it on the cab, then used the angled blade to work it into the fill spot. The angled blade has a bit of a twist to it which makes it very easy to work the putty.

I "sliced" off any excess with the flat blade, allowed it to dry and then sanded down any remaining putty.

This was my first attempt at a hard body as well, and what I'll pass along to you is that when you think you're done sanding, go a bit more. I thought I had some really clean fills...smooth to the touch and even with the body, but as soon as you lay paint down, it's a different story

You can of course go many, many steps into the painting and sanding process to help with getting clean fill lines, but that's all up to you.

Good luck and enjoy!
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:37 AM   #19

Thanks, glad you like my build. You really should get one of these, there inexpensive and fun to play with

Will keep your tips in mind... hopefully I'll have some spare time in the weekend to try it.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:45 PM   #20

I'd reverse the colors on number 4. I think it would look more appropriate...
BDKesling is offline   Reply With Quote