Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: front suspension lift

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default front suspension lift

Hi guys i have just got cc01 used. and was going through the mods and i do not see this one. the truck has losi mrc tires on it. they work but looking for more ground clearance and would like to run taller tires. thank sivad
sivad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
LR3
Rock Crawler

Get some spacers and put them on before you screw the front skid plate down. You will need longer screws though becuase the original ones won't be long enough. By doing this you will have room for new wheels and bigger tires, aswell as room for better and bigger shocks
LR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Yea I used some aluminum sheet about 3/8" thick I think and just cut it to where they fit in the little spaces inbetween the skid and where it screws in on the bottom of the chassis. Should give you a mild lift depending on how thick the stuff you use is. Combine that with a body lift and your good for some 4" or a little taller tires.

On top are the bushings that come with the kit that you can use or then the aluminum I used is on the bottom. Sorry pic is blurry.

Last edited by BGGruff; 07-31-2010 at 05:00 PM.
BGGruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
JLF
Quarry Creeper

I used Axial alloy spacers available at any hobby store. They work great. Plus you get to to choose colors!

JLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:52 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLF View Post
I used Axial alloy spacers available at any hobby store. They work great. Plus you get to to choose colors!

forgot what they call those gold tamiya parts, but they gave me about 7/8" lift in the front, so I'm not going to complain
LJ_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:01 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

thanks guys that's what i was looking for post pic's soon as im done
Old 08-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

you can also just increase the drop angle of the A arms too. Both my rigs are setup that way. Just take the arms off and dremel the heck out of them so they droop more. Then either put on longer front shocks or put spacers at the top.

Sorry the best picture I have.... its actually pretty old, but you can see the spacer at the top and new shock.

Flowmastered87GL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:09 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

ok so i used 6mm spacers and this what i got still looking for more lift. i did move the shocks down 10 mm thank that helped here is a pic. (GPM stuff is on the way )
Old 08-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

thats a fair amount of lift but if you go much more your going to have to fab up some other parts such as new camber links to allow your arms to move the full amount of your lift. You'll also need to open up the slot on the hub carrier to allow the dogbone to move up and down these little rigs get pretty top heavy with a lot of lift I run 4.0" tires on mine with about 3/4" of lift using longer shock shafts in the stock shock bodies I also did all the control arm mods to get the maximum amount of travel. Have Fun!!

Here's a pic it isn't great but it's the best I have I built this rig quite a while ago..

pvtjrt01550 is offline   Reply With Quote