Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: About to order CC01 Unimog.. help?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Question About to order CC01 Unimog.. help?

Hey guys.. I've been out of crawling for a while.. I've owned an AX10, and am currently building a CR-01 for my blog. I've ALWAYS wanted a CC01 and am about to pull the trigger on the Unimog.

I'm looking for suggestions on what else to buy with it.. either in general, or on my immediate order..

How is the stock esc/motor? Should I be looking at getting like a 55t Tekin or Novak motor? What's a good waterproof esc w/ drag brake? I plan on running a 2075 traxxas servo..

I know I need bearings.. I will be ordering them somewhere else (not tower, i didnt see a kit there)..

Anyways.. suggestions welcome.. I know there's plenty of posts on here, but I'm in sort of a pinch for time. Stuff Tower sells would be ideal..
kevin107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

bearings are gonna be the biggest thing for you unless you run in water and or mud alot. 3 3/4 inch tire (88 to 92mm i think) to replace the "semi-pnumatic" tires that come with it. the selection is slim but unless you want to trim your body and chassis wheel wells back a bit thats what i would suggest. tires that are awesome for these little guys are the rc4wd prowlers, just about any SDI (scale designs international) tire will work, and there are a few im forgetting as well. GPM also make a steering kit i would recommend along with universals, aluminum knuckles and kingpins. installing those will take away alot but not 100% of the steering slop. i have tried and tried and tried to get all of the slop out with no success but those parts do help.

hope that helps
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote