Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Spankrjs' Simple Pajero

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 08:27 AM   #1

Default Spankrjs' Simple Pajero

Decided to do a quick and simple build. I have built a few modified CC01's in the past, but this time I wanted to build a fairly stock one. Pretty simple build, no real crazy mods. Just a basic Pajero build.
A few pictures of all the kit parts.

Used a Traxxas waterproof receiver box and a Futaba 3 channel FM receiver. I also used a Robinson Racing steel pinion.

Traxxas waterproof servo and rubber shielded bearings.

Decided to use a servo saver, this isn't a hardcore crawler, but I did upgrade to a heavy duty servo saver. This one is slop free.

Replaced the blue knuckles with black knuckles. I also bought a spare "G" parts bag. Mainly bought the spare gear bag for the diff lockers, now I have set for the front and back. For now, both diffs are open, but packed with anti-wear grease, to help slow down the diff action.

Picture of the assembled chassis. I used an older Rooster ESC that I had. I also installed the GPM steering kit (no picture). The steering kit installed great, fits and works perfect. The only slop that I have in my steering is from the stock Tamiya ball ends. I might upgrade to some better, slop free rod ends in the future.

I also installed some of the "White Letter" BFG's. No performance advantage, but I think they look better then the stock tires. I wish someone made some soft 1.9's that are the same height as the stock tires. I don't want a body lift or bigger tires, just softer tires. I like the lines of the stock Pajero, and the tires tuck perfectly. Might experiment on the stock tires to see if I can get them softer.

Quick picture of the completed, unpainted Pajero.

I installed some self adhesive foam/rubber weatherstripping inside the body to seal the gap between the chassis and the body. Hopefully this will keep most of the dirt slung up by the tires out of the chassis/inside of the body.

And the finished Pajero. Painted it "Light Gun Metal". Think it looks pretty sweet.

I will try to get some outdoor/action pictures over the next couple of days. Like I said, pretty basic/simple/fun build. That's it for now.
spankrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Nice!! Not really stock and not really simple nice clean build!!
Jeykito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You guys are really making me want a CC01.
Spidubic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeykito View Post
Nice!! Not really stock and not really simple nice clean build!!

Appreciate it I guess you are right, not exactly "stock", but all the mods are simple "off the shelf" bolt ons.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:38 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

redjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Looks good man! Your making me want to buy another CC-01 I like your weather stripping idea and will have to barrow it for my Jeep. You should see the inside of my Body and chassis...
Grumpster1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

When I got my used 'Jero from Sloppy it already had the flares and bumpers cut up, I really like the way it looks w/ everything attached. I might have to buy a stock body for mine!
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:17 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Nice clean build. Simple but trail worthy for sure. I might have to locate one of those to build as well. You did a really great job on the Pajero.
SFC K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:42 AM   #9

/\ /\ Appreciate it /\ /\

I like the Pajero body best on the CC-01 chassis, just looks "right" compared against the other body choices

Hopefully the weatherstripping will prevent most of the dirt from being thrown up inside the body

I just need to find some softer 88-90mm tall tires. I don't want to go to the slightly larger/more common 95mm height, I dont want to put a body lift or suspension lift on this one. The only trouble is, no one make 1.9's that short. Might have to modify the stock tires or make some.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Ever thought of 1.55s? Rc4wd has the mickey thompsons at 83mms I'm going that route with mine.
Jeykito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:49 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Looks very good! Really like that color.
Time to put it to the test. I haven't been fooling
with mine any but they are fun.
Nice work.
BGGruff is offline   Reply With Quote