Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: HPI Stock car wheels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default HPI Stock car wheels

Can anyone tell me what HPI stock car wheels fit on a stock CC-01? I know I'll want the 26mm ones but it looks like they come in 1mm and 6mm offsets. Also I'm not sure what the back of these wheels look like. Are they 12mm hex style?
toyotatrucks83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

They are 12mm hex and will fit. I'm not sure though on the offset to use. You can get them up to 9mm offset which is pretty deep.
SFC K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

That is deep. Thanks for the input. I'm glad to hear they are 12mm hexes because that makes wider hexes an option if needed. I've seen a few guys running the HPI stockers. Hopefully this post will get some of their attentions and they'll comment.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:53 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Stockers are about 3mm offset, so using 0 and 6mm will make it narrower or wider respectively. Really depends on which way you want to go.

With certain tires, the 0mm wheels may rub the shocks in the back a bit if they are in the stock locations - inboarding them on the lower links takes care of it.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Thanks for that info OSRC. I don't want to go more narrow. I would like to do really close to stock. I was thinking some scaler tires in the 3.75" range. Maybe the 6mm offset can be made to work. I'm not opposed to modifying. I just wanted to leave my CC-01 as a reliable trail truck. I'm even considerig heavy heavy diff oil instead of fully locking the diffs.
Old 10-09-2011, 04:50 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotatrucks83 View Post
Thanks for that info OSRC. I don't want to go more narrow. I would like to do really close to stock. I was thinking some scaler tires in the 3.75" range. Maybe the 6mm offset can be made to work. I'm not opposed to modifying. I just wanted to leave my CC-01 as a reliable trail truck. I'm even considerig heavy heavy diff oil instead of fully locking the diffs.
+1 on the heavy diff oil. I put 55,000 WT in mine and love it.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

SFC K, how does it drive with heavy gear oil? Does it still turn well, and have enough traction to get through some rough trails? I realize it won't rock crawl. I can not start my build till Christmas. I just had to buy my CC-01 FJ40 before that kit could not be purchased anymore. But with it in the closet I'm itching to buy upgrades and accessories already. Hints the reason I'm asking so many questions.
Old 10-10-2011, 03:47 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

It drives rather well and does help with traction up front but will not be anything like having a locked diff. I had mine out last week and it would climb most obstacles rather well not being locked. For scale driving heavy diff fluid is the ticket. It also allows you to retain a tighter turning radius versus’s a locked diff. When I get back from overseas I am going to try using 100K diff fluid to see if I can get less slipeage in the diff.

Make sure you check out the some of the other threads on here. I have found a lot of good ideas by searching around.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-xc-cc01/340969-hpi-stock-car-wheels.html
Posted By For Type Date
Access Denied This thread Refback 10-07-2011 02:13 AM
Access Denied This thread Refback 10-07-2011 02:12 AM