Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: My pink bronco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default My pink bronco

Hello all, I'm here today to show you my cc01 bronco. But first some back story, I began with xmods in elementary school and as you may know they are terrible out of the box! I spent my childhood tinkering with them and making some pretty neat stuff, including a 40+mph top speed car numerous crawlers (the most extreme of which can be seen below) and every thing in between. But alas there is a ceiling of performance on 1/28 vehicles and I reached it after about 8 years. So after much thought I got an scx10 dingo rtr, it was quite simply amazing out of the box. Too good in fact, I liked it but I hardly ever drove it and eventually I sold it. Fast forward a number of traxxas vehicles later and I had the crawling itch again.

Enter the CC01, this thing is exactly like a big xmod, terrible steering terrible tires, terrible gearing, terrible flex and in general it is just terrible. Just how I like it. I purchased a lightly used lightly modified example with a ford bronco body (you guessed it pink).

I received it as a roller and I added the worlds worst servo, a novak 55t motor and esc, as well as a 2.4 hobbyking setup and 2 2200mah 2s lipos in parallel.
I put one pack through it with the stock tires, as I don't like to modify without trying stock first and I have to say the stock tires are good at absolutely nothing.

So I rummaged in my bag of things and pulled out a set of axial 8 hole beadlocks with the small super swampers. Immediately traction issues were solved, however after a few more packs I noticed the motor was scalding hot.
The body was also rubbing like mad, so I trimmed the fenders, it still rubs but it will clearance itself

I left it at home for college, but I miss it again so it is getting shipped to me as we speak, along with a bearing set and 4:1 gru. Future plans are to make a decent 4 link for the rear, hack the brick and stretch the wheelbase slightly so I have a better approach angle.

Stay tuned this is only getting started
MattTheGenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2014, 12:33 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Welcome! It's funny you say the SCX was too easy, because it's precisely why I ditched mine. They're certainly not very scale, as offered by Axial. They're more of a cartoon version of scale.

Best of luck with this project. Be sure to ask if you need anything.
monkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #3

Default Re: My pink bronco

This is my first post. I just finished building a CC01 Bronco less than a week ago. It was my first cc01/kit/trail rig type rc. So lot's of firsts lol. I don't see why these Broncos seem to be one of the least popular of the CC01 body styles though. I'll be following along your process on this little truck for sure!
zanoob13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:33 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyracing View Post
Welcome! It's funny you say the SCX was too easy, because it's precisely why I ditched mine. They're certainly not very scale, as offered by Axial. They're more of a cartoon version of scale.

Best of luck with this project. Be sure to ask if you need anything.
Thanks for the welcome, and I'm glad too see I'm not the only one

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanoob13 View Post
This is my first post. I just finished building a CC01 Bronco less than a week ago. It was my first cc01/kit/trail rig type rc. So lot's of firsts lol. I don't see why these Broncos seem to be one of the least popular of the CC01 body styles though. I'll be following along your process on this little truck for sure
Excellent, they are fun little trucks for sure

Here is my first update, just one picture but it made a huge difference!
MattTheGenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:13 PM   #5

Could you please explain this update?

Thanks.
capitanharlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Well, good job. Looks like your update is the new roller bearings to replace the plastic bushings. That's usually the best first upgrade to these and it does make a world of difference.
58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:16 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitanharlock View Post
Could you please explain this update?

Thanks.
He's put bearing in to replace the bushings
TrilloThrillo110 is offline   Reply With Quote

My pink bronco - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pink ecoli Scale Videos! 1 10-05-2010 07:51 PM
Dirks pink bronco lives again! Unimoger Tamiya TLT Crawlers 20 11-17-2005 03:13 AM