Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Snowtrail's hardbody Pajero CC-01 Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #1

Default Snowtrail's hardbody Pajero CC-01 Build

Well, I'm new to the forum but not rc. Have had my cc-01 for almost two years now, and it sat due to forces outside my control til now. I initially painted it my high school colors, but now want to redo it to a "recovery/search and rescue"-esque vehicle, sand ramps, roof rack with rescue gear, etc. I have decided on a mettalic flake of my school colors (purple and gold). The next step is getting some performance upgrades into it, and i would like recommendations on the following:

Steering: hot racing (mine is still stock and little slop, but why not replace?)
Cvds: go with tamiya?
Tires: i have some 1.55 rims from rc4wd, but need tires still.
Motor: running stock silver can still, but i think it might be going out the door soon.
Esc: if i chance upon an axial ae-2 for cheap, this is what i will run.

I have already done the brick mod, made a skidplate for the front, and shaved the front hubs for more steering.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Snowtrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2016, 01:14 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Snowtrail's hardbody Pajero CC-01 Build

i also started to build up a cc01 that i got in trade.
i have heard that the rc4wd 1.55 mud thrasher work great and keep the size down to where it still looks good with the cc01.
one thing that i plan on doing is trying to get alittle longer travel in the back with little bigger/longer shocks.
i see you plan on doing the steering upgrade. i think those are the couple big things people say to do and other then that just run it and upgrade when stuff breaks or what not.
OH if you want to go slower get a GRU (gear ruduction unit) have heard those help out a lot.
bugz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 03:22 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I just installed the GPM steering and did not have any of the issues that I have seen reported on this site. I have no slop in the steering at all. The only slop left is caused by slop in the suspension. I have all Integy C-Hub, lower A arm, Knuckle.

Either steering setup should be a big improvement.

As part of my steering upgrade, I also put GPM links on the servo connection and 2 out to the wheels. The stock are just sloppy.

I also put an RC4WD 80t brushed motor on.....Nice and slow...I am not looking for ground speed, but it does go fast enough that I would worry about turning too fast and scratching up body work. The motor was $9....it is a sealed can, polished bushing.....for the price, I can replace it pretty often. They have a nice selection at 35t,45t,55t,65t,and 80t. For the price, you can afford to try different winds to find the one that suits you.

I have the Tamiya CVDs. They appear to be very strong and fit properly. You can't go wrong with this.

The last important upgrade, is the rear links. I haven't the $ to replace them yet, but the stock plastic links look pretty fragile to me.

Last edited by Chumley54; 03-07-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Chumley54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:15 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies! I have thought about the rear links as well. Possibly the junfac set i think is the maker. I like my wheel speed but might go to a 35t.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:06 AM   #5
RCC Addict

I have the Junfac 4-link kit on one of my CC-01's, I like it a lot. Also, might want to consider a 55t motor, I think that is more appropriate for the CC-01. If you need more wheel speed, run a small 3s and you will still retain your low speed control.

Here Is a good economical setup; rc4wd 55t motor, Axial AE-5 esc, small venom 2100mah 3s lipo.
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I am running a 3S, 3000 MAH Lipo with a RC4WD 85T brushed motor...

Since I am not looking for racing speeds, it is fast enough...

I have a bunch of Monster trucks if I want speed....The CC01 is a lot more realistic at a slower pace. Easier to control with lower speed too...
Chumley54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:47 PM   #7
RCC Addict

I'm running an Axial 55t, AE-2 and a 2s 2200mAh. I was using 1.55 Mud Thrashers but just got some new Dick Cepek Fun Countrys, just a hair taller than the Mud Thrashers, but about 1/4" (or thereabouts) narrower, and in the X2SS compound.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMM View Post
I have the Junfac 4-link kit on one of my CC-01's, I like it a lot. Also, might want to consider a 55t motor, I think that is more appropriate for the CC-01. If you need more wheel speed, run a small 3s and you will still retain your low speed control.

Here Is a good economical setup; rc4wd 55t motor, Axial AE-5 esc, small venom 2100mah 3s lipo.
I enjoy my wheel speed, as my truck is primarily a sand patrolling vehicle. But you are right to suggest a higher turn. I might go 45t. But definitely a 3s would be fun to run

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon View Post
I'm running an Axial 55t, AE-2 and a 2s 2200mAh. I was using 1.55 Mud Thrashers but just got some new Dick Cepek Fun Countrys, just a hair taller than the Mud Thrashers, but about 1/4" (or thereabouts) narrower, and in the X2SS compound.
I want either the thrashers or MTZs. Do you still have the thrashers?

Last edited by THX_138; 05-03-2016 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Merge, posts a minute apart
Old 03-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowtrails View Post
I want either the thrashers or MTZs. Do you still have the thrashers?
I like the MTZ's since I have the shorter 1.9" ones, but I feel the 1.55's are a bit too short, or stock looking, in size for me. Yeah, I still have the Thrashers.
canadianbacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:12 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbacon View Post
I like the MTZ's since I have the shorter 1.9" ones, but I feel the 1.55's are a bit too short, or stock looking, in size for me. Yeah, I still have the Thrashers.
The shorter 1.9 MTZ is a nice tire, still alot of sidewall and height for a CC-01 when trying to maintain a "stockish" look. The 1.55 MTZ's look great but ground clearance is an issue. Just depends on what you're after.
mtnbiker4evr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:46 PM   #11

I plan to keep my truck stock and little to no cuting of the body. so the 1.55 thrashers will be my tire of choice i think.

as it sits currently. not much but it has always been fun to drive on the few chances i have had.(hopefully to change that soon!)
Attached Images

Last edited by THX_138; 05-03-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:37 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Looks good, makes me want to get mine up and running now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2016, 10:48 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugz2002 View Post
Looks good, makes me want to get mine up and running now.

Im collecting parts as we speak for mine. Still need to order custom stickers though. What is yours missing to be running?
Old 03-18-2016, 10:50 AM   #14
Pebble Pounder

All the body stuff plus the rear body post and a Pinion to be running, there are other stuff I want like different tires, upgrade steering, and links.

Tags
cc-01, pajero, recovery, rescue, tamiya

Snowtrail's hardbody Pajero CC-01 Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best way to mount a hardbody to the Pajero? trailduster79 Tamiya XC/CC01 2 07-25-2009 08:01 AM