Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: The Orange 'Mog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2016, 06:25 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default The Orange 'Mog

Decided to clean the dust off of the Orange 'Mog this week and get some work done on it. Haven't done much to it since I added the RC4WD hitch to it. When I bought this rig it already had RC4WD 1.9" steel wagon wheels with Mudslingers. While the tires worked pretty good, the previous owner didn't have the beads seated correctly, I took them apart and tried to seat the beads right, but because they had been on the rims half on and half off the bead for so long, the tires were stretched. No matter what I did I couldn't get them to seat properly.

So, I decided to go another route, picked up some RC4WD 1.9" Tomahawk tires and will put them on some Tamiya Hummer wheels. The first issue I ran into was the bead of the tires was too wide to fit the Tamiya wheels, so I turned the tires inside out and trimmed about 1/8" from the beads using curved lexan scissors. The next issue, was the weight. The steel wheels I took off weighed 2 ounces more than the plastic wheels I was replacing them with and the rig worked well with the heavier wheels. Usually I'll use some stick on weights around the wheel, then put the tire on. Well, the Tamiya wheels has narrow ribbing around the wheel, so I had to use a cutter and trim the lead weights a little to get them to fit. I was basically able to add about 1-1/4 ounces to each wheel, which while still lighter, at least it adds some weight down low.

HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2016, 05:20 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: The Orange 'Mog

Fun Fun Fun

Installed some Axial aluminum hexes since the RC4wd wheels just use the pin.

The tires did come out pretty good though, I really like the tread pattern of these. Also threw in a steering servo to get this rig back up and running 100% again.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:46 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I use the Axial hexes on my CC as well and really like them so far. The truck is looking good, I have a soft spot in my heart for orange rigs and i really like the color on your Mog. What paint is that?
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:12 AM   #4
RCC Addict

It's Tamiya PS7 Orange
Old 08-14-2016, 07:05 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I really like the color. Tires look good to
m1009cucv is offline   Reply With Quote

The Orange 'Mog - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Mog knightsy 1.9 Scale Rigs 8 02-09-2015 09:32 PM
my camper mog and my 4 doors mog in my scale garden doudou 1.9 Scale Rigs 25 05-24-2013 05:58 PM