Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Wheel (offset) question in regards to the Pajero body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2020, 01:31 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Wheel (offset) question in regards to the Pajero body

I have a Pajero Rally headed my way.

Wanting to use axial bead locks if possible. (have the low profile kingpins ordered too, so I got that part covered)

I went with the Pajero as I know it's supposed to be on the wide side for CC-01's and went with the Rally, as I wanted a lexan body to save weight up high, as I intend to trail and crawl with this a LOT.

I cannot seem to find any specs on Pajero body width. I can find width of the assembled kit, but that does not tell me if its tire-to-tire or body (I suspect it's tire-to-tire)... and also some of the #'s I have found are conflicting.

I used to have the CC-01 Bronco, and I know for that one, I needed positive offset wheels to keep the tires inside the fenders. I'm pretty sure the Pajero body is wider than the Bronco body, but again, I can't seem to find specs anywhere.

I do have some G-made bead locks with 2mm positive offset, but they are white, and I was thinking of painting the pajero Silver.... which I don't think would match up well. If I went with the white wheels I'd probably paint the body red instead.... and I'm trying to decide what color paint to buy... so you get the idea of where I'm at now.
andymac0035 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2020, 11:38 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Wheel (offset) question in regards to the Pajero body

The Bronco body is 185mm in front and 190mm rear, at the upper fender flair.

I'm pretty sure the Pajero rims are 4mm offset.

I Googled the other bodies for ya, and the Rally/Low-rider body is 190mm and the hard body is 195mm.

Here are some pics so you can see the differences.

58_Willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 01:20 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

The lexan Pajero body is exactly 190mm at the widest point of the fenders, both front and rear. The Bronco is 190mm out back and 185 up front. (Just happen to have both bodies laying here in my hoard)

The stock wheels are 5mm offset IIRC. Anything less should help tuck in a little better.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 02:14 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Thank you both for the replies! I meant to post-back sooner but have been a bit distracted lately. I still don't have my Pajero yet. It's been sitting in limbo since about March 28th and it's getting pretty annoying. I've considered buying one that was in the country.... but there aren't any..... LOL

It's annoying too, because a few weeks ago I could have gotten a landfreeder off ebay and if it was still available... I'd have ordered it over the weekend.

I just have to be patient I guess. It helps that I have 3 other crawlers and winter's snow and ice have finally loosened their grip on the trails.
andymac0035 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wheel (offset) question in regards to the Pajero body - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question on RC4WD wagon wheel offset ScoJac Vaterra Ascender 2 11-24-2017 07:53 PM
Wheel Offset question slapjack Newbie General 1 08-31-2014 02:34 AM
pajero wheel base help gearhead79 1.9 Scale Rigs 2 06-26-2012 10:06 AM