Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi 1/10th Roller

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:56 PM   #1541
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckd View Post
I ran a piece of paper between the pinion and main gear so I'm sure the mesh is fine.
help a nube out ,,,how did you do this,,cuz what I see is no hole in the tranny to see the actual spur gear whan the motor is installed,,,howd u do dat?
grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #1542
ckd

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouser View Post
help a nube out ,,,how did you do this,,cuz what I see is no hole in the tranny to see the actual spur gear whan the motor is installed,,,howd u do dat?
before you put the cover on that locks the motor in place i cut a thin piece of paper which is about 3 thousand thick and place it between the the pinion and main gear. Then I just spin the main gear and the paper runs between the two gears. You can see if the mesh is to tight the paper wont go through. Old helicopter trick.
ckd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #1543

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
running it in or breaking it in with your old slash motor and esc is highly advisable, after break in then stick your good stuff and roll. I broke mine in with a brushless 17.5. Changed it out this morning and now running a mm with a holmes crawlmaster and after seteing the slipper clutch this bitch got serious real quickly. just my experience, but the more I tinker the better it gets.
Did you have to modify any thing to fit the Crawlmaster, and how are you geared? Thanks.
torn body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #1544
Quarry Creeper

Got mine today

Thanks Corey, RPP Rocks !!!
megacabcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:58 PM   #1545
Rock Stacker

"I'm waiting to hear back from my supplier to see if they will let me cancel some of the pre-orders for people that do not wish to wait any longer. If they say yes then it will be no problem but if they say no then I will have to charge a restocking fee to cover the cost of them dinging me with one because if half a dozen people cancel then we will be sitting on way to much inventory. We have already shipped out a first batch and we should be receiving the second (which should cover all our pre-orders) in approximately 2 weeks"

has anyone thats ordered from ckrc recieved their losi? cause im hearing a bunch of different stories, and if there hasnt been a first shipment then getting charged a restocking fee would be BS since there technically wasnt any in stock, to be "restocked".
SickVW66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #1546
Rock Crawler

Quote:
before you put the cover on that locks the motor in place i cut a thin piece of paper which is about 3 thousand thick and place it between the the pinion and main gear. Then I just spin the main gear and the paper runs between the two gears. You can see if the mesh is to tight the paper wont go through. Old helicopter trick.
thanks,,,any old note pad paper work or is that to thick?
grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #1547
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by torn body View Post
Did you have to modify any thing to fit the Crawlmaster, and how are you geared? Thanks.
No mods on the crawlmaster to install it, 24 tooth on the pinion,3s lipo mamba max. 20 mins for it popped the second axle and no heat issues at all. Fair wheel speed good power its just a little groggy on start up, but nothing bad.
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:22 PM   #1548
RCC Addict

Quote:
Did you mean to say the pinion gear cover? And when you tighten the motor down does it get tighter therefore changing the mesh?
hbj069 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #1549

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbj069 View Post
No mods on the crawlmaster to install it, 24 tooth on the pinion,3s lipo mamba max. 20 mins for it popped the second axle and no heat issues at all. Fair wheel speed good power its just a little groggy on start up, but nothing bad.
Cool, thanks man.
torn body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickVW66 View Post
"has anyone thats ordered from ckrc recieved their losi? cause im hearing a bunch of different stories, and if there hasnt been a first shipment then getting charged a restocking fee would be BS since there technically wasnt any in stock, to be "restocked".
I ordered mine from CKRC but in April so I don't expect to see one for a few weeks.
Lawlessjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:18 PM   #1551
Quarry Creeper

I haven't even ordered mine yet - I still want one, I think - LOL - I'm kinda bummed after hearing of all the axle problems AND the overheating motor problems.
Used crawlers from that other brand are looking pretty good again... until someone can convince me these problems have been found and taken care of.
rctoyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:30 AM   #1552
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Trujillo View Post
NOT TRUE AT ALL. Half the shipment is on the way to the distribution center in Champaign, IL. Once they arrive there, they will begin to ship to dealers. My best guess is Wed they will start going out.
As for international orders, I know that some of the International distributors have Crawlers on the way to them but I'm not sure how long it takes for them to ship to dealers.

There are no problems and nothing holding back the shipment. These will be on the way to dealers next week.

Rich
i know this is out of your hands rich,
i just rung up horizon to see when they are coming into the uk and was told july/august but come on thats taking the mick
perfictsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #1553
Pebble Pounder

Default Finally got it

Got the call from the LHS today and picked up the LCC on the way home. Been waiting since december for this thing. I will tear it apart, starting with the axles to check on the shims and grease the worm gears.
I will be using the goat system and probably start with a 15t pinion. Stoooooked

Crawler # 1609

Last edited by BCkoots; 06-05-2009 at 06:20 PM.
BCkoots is offline   Reply With Quote