Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: 1/1/ Losi on the way...how to equip it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 11:34 AM   #1

Default 1/1/ Losi on the way...how to equip it?

My losi should be here monday and i ordered the DX3R. what are you guys going to use for servos(steering/dig), ESC, motor, and lipo? i know everyone will be different but i am new to crawlers and dont want to have to buy twice right off the bat.
i was leaning towards the mamba max..?
what motor and pinion?
3s lipo but what mah?
what servos?
my local hobby shop doesn't carry much of anything so i will have to order and i wanted to get this all here about the same time. any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:Sorry,i screwed up the title...damn newbies!
boosst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Here ya go, this shows a few of the options available. Of course there are still many more but this lists a few.

http://www.losi.com/Articles/Article...ArticleID=1952

Tekin makes some good ESC's as well, It comes down to personal preference though. The mamba max is good, but I would get a Tekin ESC over the mamba.
BCkoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I am going to run a Losi Xceleron 17.5T sensored brushless with a 14-16T pinion and ESC combo, JR8711 steering servo, and Losi mini servo for the dig. Batteries I have not yet decided, it will either be 4S Lipo or 4S A123 packs, just depends how much room I have to work with.
megacabcummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Smile

Mine should be here soon also - here's what I will be using

motor - HH handwound 45T
ESC - Tekin FXR
CC bec
JR 9100 steering servo
Hitech 225 dig servo
DX3R, 3100rx
Losi 3cell 1350 lipo

I have 15,16 &18 tooth pinions - one should be right - I'll let everyone know after I get it put together. Good luck with yours
Yawzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:18 PM   #5

ok, here is what i have ended up with so far.
Losi 1/10
DX3R
3100 rx
Mamba Max ESC
Integy 35t w/ 13t
CC BEC
JR 8711 w/ metal servo arm
HT 225mg w/ metal servo arm
Still need some 3s lipos but not sure what will fit yet....?
boosst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:28 PM   #6
DBR
Quarry Creeper

Hopefully I can track a comp crawler down today (none of the local shops have received any yet.)

Then I am going to rob everything from my SCX until I can scrounge the parts I want.

Ultimately going to go:

Rooster 45t combo
TQ3 (going to mod with a 3rd on/off switch so I don't accidentally dig when I don't want to)
3s lipo

Want to keep my costs down until I learn how to drive and know what I need as upgrades. I think this setup should still be competetive.
DBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:51 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Hobby shop in Cameron Park just got in 3 a hour ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR View Post
Hopefully I can track a comp crawler down today (none of the local shops have received any yet.)

Then I am going to rob everything from my SCX until I can scrounge the parts I want.

Ultimately going to go:

Rooster 45t combo
TQ3 (going to mod with a 3rd on/off switch so I don't accidentally dig when I don't want to)
3s lipo

Want to keep my costs down until I learn how to drive and know what I need as upgrades. I think this setup should still be competetive.
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:30 PM   #8
DBR
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Ultimately going to go:

Rooster 45t combo
3s lipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Hobby shop in Cameron Park just got in 3 a hour ago.
Rocklin, CA Hobbytown just called me and said they had 7, well they "had" 8, but you have to subtract mine
DBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Ultimately going to go:

Rooster 45t combo
3s lipo

You might not want to use a 3s lipo with your rooster combo, it can only handle 2s.
BCkoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:11 AM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by msps003 View Post
I am going to run a Losi Xceleron 17.5T sensored brushless with a 14-16T pinion and ESC combo, JR8711 steering servo, and Losi mini servo for the dig. Batteries I have not yet decided, it will either be 4S Lipo or 4S A123 packs, just depends how much room I have to work with.

I thought I read back on page like 60 of the other post that Xcelerons don't have instant forward to reverse. Is this true? I've been so tossed on what to run. I want a 3s but the goat only does 2 and the Losi has no instant F/R Oh almost forgot #479 serial number
T.T. is offline   Reply With Quote