Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Just bought a LLC, got some questions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Just bought a LLC, got some questions.

Alright i just bought a losi, and im stoked. Cant wait for it to get here. Anyway, i have some questions, and more to come later on im sure.

- How do i break in the axles?

- Im going to try a 35t with 12t pinion first, does the truck come with pinion or should i buy one?

- I was thinking of using gear jelly in the axles... yay or nay?

- Thick or thin oil in the axles is better? I would think thin to keep the temps down...

- Does the trans need to be lubed as well?

I also plan on removing the extra shims in the axles.

Thats all i can think of for now...

Last edited by InFlames; 06-23-2009 at 10:51 AM.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

You can read through most of the threads on the first page of the Losi crawler section to get suggestions to all your questions. You just nead to do some reading like the rest of us have been doing since the truck came out.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:33 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Will this pinion work on the LCC? I know it says it for it but i dont always trust HR...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Losi-Comp-Crawle...3%3A1|294%3A50
Old 06-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFlames View Post
Will this pinion work on the LCC? I know it says it for it but i dont always trust HR...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Losi-Comp-Crawle...3%3A1|294%3A50

any standard 48pitch pinion with a 3mm hole will work.

all the other info is in the first page worth of threads on here, theres a lot of useful things in them.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Alright i just bought a losi, and im stoked. Cant wait for it to get here. Anyway, i have some questions, and more to come later on im sure.

- How do i break in the axles?
Drive it like you stole it... Some people are running them in a drill, I'd just run them on the rig after you rebuild them(lube and shim removal)
Quote:
- Im going to try a 35t with 12t pinion first, does the truck come with pinion or should i buy one?
Pinion you gotta supply yourself. Get a good range so you can find an optimal setup. Read the threads here about brushed motor setups too, lots of info there.
Quote:
- I was thinking of using gear jelly in the axles... yay or nay?
Seems to be the popular Lube-dejour
Quote:
- Thick or thin oil in the axles is better? I would think thin to keep the temps down...
Thick to stick to the worms...
Quote:
- Does the trans need to be lubed as well?
I lubed a few spots in there, it comes with very little from factory.
Quote:
I also plan on removing the extra shims in the axles.

Thats all i can think of for now...
And like the other guy above said.. read the first few pages of threads here while waiting for it to arrive.. lots of great info, answers to almost all the initial questions you could have for setup etc.
JasonJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonJones View Post
Drive it like you stole it... Some people are running them in a drill, I'd just run them on the rig after you rebuild them(lube and shim removal)

Pinion you gotta supply yourself. Get a good range so you can find an optimal setup. Read the threads here about brushed motor setups too, lots of info there.

Seems to be the popular Lube-dejour

Thick to stick to the worms...

I lubed a few spots in there, it comes with very little from factory.

And like the other guy above said.. read the first few pages of threads here while waiting for it to arrive.. lots of great info, answers to almost all the initial questions you could have for setup etc.
Thanks for the great info.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Do you go to the SCRC Comps? I had my Losi there at the last comp in Busse but ran my Axial since both CVs broke in the Losi. Got new CVs from Rich Trujillo so it looks like I'll be using the Losi at the next comp.

I'm using a BL set up of a Tekin RS and a 17.5 motor with a 12 or 13T pinion on a 3S lipo (regulated by External BEC). 6oz in each front and 3oz in the rear with memory foam.

I rebuilt the axles and trans, removing the extra shims and packed in Grim Racer Boat drivetrain grease. In the trans I had to replace one of the "e" clips that kept slipping off the groove and double nutted the slipper. I have a Futaba 9650 servo for a dig but also have the Losi MSX servo too. Steering is a Hobbico CS-170 (same as Hitec 7955T but $30 less).

Painted up a Pro-Line Bug body and it's ready to rip (or rock).
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 03:31 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Do you go to the SCRC Comps? I had my Losi there at the last comp in Busse but ran my Axial since both CVs broke in the Losi. Got new CVs from Rich Trujillo so it looks like I'll be using the Losi at the next comp.

I'm using a BL set up of a Tekin RS and a 17.5 motor with a 12 or 13T pinion on a 3S lipo (regulated by External BEC). 6oz in each front and 3oz in the rear with memory foam.

I rebuilt the axles and trans, removing the extra shims and packed in Grim Racer Boat drivetrain grease. In the trans I had to replace one of the "e" clips that kept slipping off the groove and double nutted the slipper. I have a Futaba 9650 servo for a dig but also have the Losi MSX servo too. Steering is a Hobbico CS-170 (same as Hitec 7955T but $30 less).

Painted up a Pro-Line Bug body and it's ready to rip (or rock).
Havnt been to one yet, but ill deff be there if i get the losi working good.