Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

View Poll Results: Eritex Losi MOA kit,,, worthwhile upgrade?
yes makes a huge difference, never go back to shafty 30 63.83%
I like it but not that much of an improvment 3 6.38%
still to early to tell if it's good or not 9 19.15%
not worth it will go back to OM rig 6 12.77%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Thread: Eritex Losi MOA kit,Is it WORKING or not?,,,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Eritex Losi MOA kit,Is it WORKING or not?,,,

So I put my name on the pre-order list but decided to wait untill the kit had been run for awhile ,,,,so what's the verdict
-is it worth the money
-does it crawl that much better
-would you recommend
-what's your setup
-what would you change or improve
how about any tips or setup tricks for the new guy,,,,,

PLEASE POLL IS FOR KIT OWNERS ONLY, FIRST HAND EXPERIANCE WITH KIT!!!

Last edited by grouser; 08-05-2009 at 02:00 PM.
grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I have changed my Losi Comp Crawler out to the MOA system and think it's awesome. I had a lot of problems with my shafty which gave me a bad taste. Shafty problems I had ranged from dig servo, esc blue smoke, 21.5t motor blew, slipper clutch, and tranny problems. I think the design of the chasis is top notch and the service was outstanding from Rich but due to the lack of bench time of working on the rig made my decision up to convert MOA. I am going to change the gear on the front MOA to a 10 t pinion to balance the front & rear motors other than that it's amazing. Here's my set up;

Mamba Max brushed/brushless esc
Punk Dig
Castle BEC connected to steering servo
2 ea. Integ 35t brushed motors
MOA by Eritex
Hobbico cs170 (or something like that)
Max Amps 1100 mah 11.1 v 20c lipo (run for first comp and worked great)
Thunder 2200 mah 11.1 v 30c lipo (Just installed)
Eritex Comp Heavy beadlocks with rovers (berg width in rear, axial infront)

Here is a link with pictures on how I put mine together Eritex Losi MOA kit pre-order list.

In this link Eritex's rig is the black losi with Eritex stickers and mine is the Red/Black Husker Bug. NSCA Comp #7 August 1st

I only had ten minutes run on shop floor time before the comp. I made a couple of pilot errors due to not being used to MOA reaction compared to shafty which cost me 2nd place finish. Harley's time on his Berg was tough to beat but if I had time it would have been close that day.

Last edited by no2hud; 08-04-2009 at 10:58 AM.
no2hud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Old 08-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

So maybe this isn't the correct place, but I did not think these had shipped yet? (I know a select few seem to have their hands on them) How can a handful of people already have voted in the poll though?? What am I missing?
brettjord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
On the lookout for Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjord View Post
So maybe this isn't the correct place, but I did not think these had shipped yet? (I know a select few seem to have their hands on them) How can a handful of people already have voted in the poll though?? What am I missing?
That's what I was kinda thinking....a little premature.
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:24 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

I understand many may have seen them perform, but then that leads to a whole other fact of judging performance without actually having drive time in on it...

I would wait a week or two to see the real results! I am (un)patiently waiting for mine to arrive, my rig just needs motors bolted on now!
Old 08-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #7

Yes people are voting who dont have them. I am almost 100% that there are 3 people with them and I am guessing of the 3 only 2 might have voted here and as far as I know those 3 are very happy with the product. I am not 1 of those 3 and I have not voted I am only saying what I think I can say at this point without getting into trouble.

Last edited by dkiger; 08-04-2009 at 03:00 PM. Reason: mispelling
dkiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

This thread is premature, I know two things.

Gerame does not sell or machine crappy products people. I know this first hand, he built a conversion kit for my SC8e that has kept a 3 HP brushless motor and a 25.2 volt battery in place and working well.

Last edited by chip cross; 08-04-2009 at 03:20 PM.
chip cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #9

I agree Gerame does not make poorly machined products at all. I have seen the kits myself and they are of excellent quality. I have also seen these perform very well on Gerame's and no2hud's rigs.
dkiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

I believe there are only 4 kits out there being tested, that's Eritex MOA. The only reason I got one early is that my office is 5 blocks away and I stopped by every day checking progress. He was having problems with the gear supplier so he cut my gears himself, not very profitable due to time consuming for small shop.

I do know the gears are coming from Robinson and the first pre-sale set will be going out soon, I've seen them stacked up. Geremy is a very quality kind of guy. I got to test some more today and I still keep finding ways to tweak this rig. That's the fun part about it.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:36 AM   #11
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Quote:
Originally Posted by no2hud View Post
I believe there are only 4 kits out there being tested, that's Eritex MOA. The only reason I got one early is that my office is 5 blocks away and I stopped by every day checking progress. He was having problems with the gear supplier so he cut my gears himself, not very profitable due to time consuming for small shop.

I do know the gears are coming from Robinson and the first pre-sale set will be going out soon, I've seen them stacked up. Geremy is a very quality kind of guy. I got to test some more today and I still keep finding ways to tweak this rig. That's the fun part about it.
Thanks for the update.
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:52 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

I thougth the first 50 were already shipped,,,my bad,,,,,of course I meant the poll for those whom were actually running them,,,hate the waiting game but love quality work,,,
grouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

After more testing yesterday on steep down hill grades, it takes a whole different style of driving techniques. From what I understand this is the whole MOA/Berg driving characteristics. I've been trying several different link arrangements to adapt the MOA. Fun trying to dial it in now that it works without the tranny/shafty issues.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Have not recieved mine yet but i seen jasons at the comp in colorodo it crawled pretty nicely had my losi since the first day they arrived at the hobby stores still have yet to crawl with mine waiting till the moa need to order some holmes hand wounds 35t brushed this weekend.
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:08 PM   #15
TN State Champ 11,12,13

Quote:
After more testing yesterday on steep down hill grades, it takes a whole different style of driving techniques. From what I understand this is the whole MOA/Berg driving characteristics. I've been trying several different link arrangements to adapt the MOA. Fun trying to dial it in now that it works without the tranny/shafty issues.
Can you elaborate on the different style driving technique and link arrangements?
I know just from driving my Losi vs. my Berg that descending you have to stay in the throttle some since there is no forward roll or drag brake to control your descents. Is this what you are talking about?

What are you changing with the links?
Pdog7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:20 PM   #16

When we actually get MOA kits we will let you know!
M_Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog7 View Post
Can you elaborate on the different style driving technique and link arrangements?
I know just from driving my Losi vs. my Berg that descending you have to stay in the throttle some since there is no forward roll or drag brake to control your descents. Is this what you are talking about?

What are you changing with the links?
I was not used to the Berg style of driving and did not keep lite throttle during the decline. The rear kept on lifting as it was trying to push the front. I then tried changing the links to try and keep the rear end down more. After playing with it I found that switching from front dig to 4wd with lite throttle, that solved the problem. I still need more drive time to get used to the MOA, but I like it much better. Works great on technical driving just need to practice more on incline MOA driving.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
I was not used to the Berg style of driving and did not keep lite throttle during the decline. The rear kept on lifting as it was trying to push the front. I then tried changing the links to try and keep the rear end down more. After playing with it I found that switching from front dig to 4wd with lite throttle, that solved the problem. I still need more drive time to get used to the MOA, but I like it much better. Works great on technical driving just need to practice more on incline MOA driving.
What are your thoughts on Clod stall with this setup? Very used to it with the Berg, where it is often prevalent. Does it appear with the Losi as well?

Thanks
Old 08-08-2009, 10:13 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Would 2 motors and 2 speed controls and 2 batteries get rid of clod stall?
kikcaffine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

Nope
Scottmisfits is offline   Reply With Quote